OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Holding this Ravens team under 40 with this mangled pile of "talent" on defense is a form of success. If they can be kept below 35, I'll take it.

BSJ has been brutalized today. I hoped for a bounce back year. Still time I guess, but not today

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Washington had their "Bieniemy" moment when they forgot to run the football and they still kept it within one possession.

Clear injuries are starting to impact team. Defense is starting to get nicked up especially with Allen's threatening pec injury

Think this team can still be decent but they gotta move on and start the next chapter now. Don't dwell on this loss. Tough one but move on

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
The difference in this game is the Ravens’ d-line and secondary being better. Maybe to some extent the WRs.

Truly remarkable and speaks to the utter incompetence of the Allen and then Rivera eras. The amount of draft capital spent on the front 7 and this is what we have. And to be clear they were just as bad with Young and Sweat, they just had more hype and one Steelers game when the stars aligned. And they combined that with idiots for d-coordinators.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
f***ing football but everyone flipped out over the hard hits. Oh by the way Jackson was inbounds too when Chinn lightly tapped him.

This f***ing league I swear.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
When Baltimore hits hard: "YEAH PHYSICALITY WE ARE KEEPING FOOTBALL FROM BEING SOFT"

When Baltimore takes light contact: *frightened and frantic bleating*

I'm going to spend the rest of the season hearing nonstop complaining about how the refs didn't flag Chinn for a legal hit in bounds at the line to gain, and how it's proof the league is out to get Baltimore after one of their LBs is flagged for headbutting a guy

Reactions: John Price

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
When Baltimore hits hard: "YEAH PHYSICALITY WE ARE KEEPING FOOTBALL FROM BEING SOFT"

When Baltimore takes light contact: *frightened and frantic bleating*

I'm going to spend the rest of the season hearing nonstop complaining about how the refs didn't flag Chinn for a legal hit in bounds at the line to gain, and how it's proof the league is out to get Baltimore after one of their LBs is flagged for headbutting a guy
The double standard is flat out ridiculous

it's football. people get hit. fine, hamilton (who has a long history of hits like that) takes down mclaurin. they pick up the flag fine. As BS as it is fine. But then don't complain when Chinn does the same thing to Jackson (when he is still inbounds by the way)

The radio crew was not pleased about that one.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
About what I expected…not enough talent on both sides of the ball. Nothing to be ashamed of today on the field.

They had enough of a plan early in the game to slow them down for a quarter with no real talent. That's a coaching win.

They easily could have been facing at least two more TDs against if last year's lazy ass staff were in place.

Last edited:
Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The double standard is flat out ridiculous

it's football. people get hit. fine, hamilton (who has a long history of hits like that) takes down mclaurin. they pick up the flag fine. As BS as it is fine. But then don't complain when Chinn does the same thing to Jackson (when he is still inbounds by the way)

The radio crew was not pleased about that one.

My wife's family and all their friends are die hard Ravens fans. I have watched more football with Ravens fans than anyone else for 16 years now.

My father in law and a cousin's boyfriend are the only two reasonable people. Everyone else? The double standard. And there is a wild persecution complex where they can't take being squeezed between the Philly and DC fanbases. The small set of Eagles fans in the group get occasional scorn for it and people wonder if they think they're superior....like what?? And for sure, I do not think the Ravens have gotten enough attention and credit for years. But they take it f***ing personally. The whole experience is a series of personal grievances.

The Ravens are my second team but I do my best to watch them either alone or with my father in law. He also tries to isolate himself during gatherings of friends or family for games lol. He and I are talking football detail and it's hard to do when everyone else is shrieking about how unfair everything is.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Washington will end the day in first in the NFCE despite the loss and they’re playing the best of any team in the division. Jayden is the best QB in the Beast and I don’t think it’s particularly close at the moment. Doesn’t mean Hurts or Dak won’t heat up but the Eagles got lucky to beat the Browns at home, the Cowboys are a mess, and Joe Burrow is about to do illegal things to the Giants.

They have five games left against their rivals and it’s not outlandish to think they can take four of those games. Still in a good spot, today was the definition of house money.

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
I thought a Washington win would be great of course, but I didn’t expect it. Figured they’d struggle on defense which they did. Better defenses than ours have been struggling with the Ravens, if you’re weak in the secondary and aren’t getting in to flush him out of the pocket Lamar is just going to eat you alive.

The fact that it was this close is great, Daniels was fantastic again, those TD passes were perfection.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Good showing by Washington except for everyone on defense except Bobby Wagner.

They’re 4-2 with the woeful Panthers coming to town next week. 5-2 would be something 100% of this board would have been happy with after seven games before the season started.

We have Him at QB. It’s alright.

He's throwing ahead on routes to beat NFL coverage to a degree that long established veterans with established chemistry don't often try. Like that one Ertz pass. The athletic feats, like perfectly dropping in that long pass for the PI (without it it's a huge gain anyway) and that insane Terry pass, those are cool. But we've seen Athletic Feats aren't a sustainable path to success in this league. That's a path to flameout or hitting a hard walk as teams learn to contain you. He's doing Brain-Stuff. Hulking Brain-Stuff nobody of his experience level has a right to be doing.

This is why I've said for three years now that JD is going to revolutionize football and all other sports too. The Howell and Maye talk was an illusion to throw everyone off the scent. Yeah. Let's go with that

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
My favorite thing is, one of my fears about JD and why I never pondered him seriously during the actual NCAA season, was he played in a way that I was certain would get him killed by week 3. He's not playing that way. He takes some hits yeah but he's not being reckless. Maybe Day 1 of camp was him sitting in a dark room watching RG3 take hits for 18 hours. My big disqualifying fear is not a thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad