OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Short of JD having a serious traumatic head injury, I don’t think there’s any way a reasonable person can deny that it’s already clear this guy is a great one.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
This f***ing league is out of control with these BS pass interference and holding penalties which make it nearly impossible to play defense

The objective is NOT to be like the NBA where defense is dead

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
St. Juste is another guy who needs do be upgraded. Guy has zero ability to cut. Baltimore doesn’t have top notch receivers and he is getting absolutely torched.

We never saw the replay. But if it was BSJ I believe it.

We have nobody to blame at this point but ourselves, particularly the WRs and BSJ.

Their receivers aren't top notch but they're good, and Lamar throws to them all so the secondary was always gonna be stretched everywhere. Add to that their running talent and if Baltimore doesn't break 50 we will be lucky.

I don't think there's any game plans to be made with this talent that stops Baltimore.

Romo always thinks every throw in the dirt is on purpose but I think that one actually was. And Ekeler just watched with no effort to grab it. Everyone understood what was going on with that lol.

This is an incredible drive for a rookie are you serious? No points but holy shit he put them where he needed to

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
AP has his work cut out for him with this secondary. And pass rush. And WRs. I think he can accomplish it between the draft and FAs

I'm shocked at how ass the vaunted D line "stars" are. Has to build almost the entire defense from scratch. And fast. Clock is ticking on this rookie QB contract

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
What a slow read by the safety on the TD. Wow. Who was that? I mean the guy was literally by himself covering no one.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Jayden has settled into the game nicely after looking hesitant at first.

The D might want to cover Flowers. But, they’re just overmatched. And now Armstrong is out.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I'm shocked at how ass the vaunted D line "stars" are. Has to build almost the entire defense from scratch. And fast. Clock is ticking on this rookie QB contract
The interior guys do get some doubles to be fair, but the top end guys beat doubles from time to time. These guys don’t. For what we pay them, they’re not producing.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
You know if they are going to call defensive penalties on us, holding Brown on his cut should have been called. That clearly affected his ability to get to that ball. I don’t have a problem calling them one way but be consistent.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Jayden has settled into the game nicely after looking hesitant at first.

The D might want to cover Flowers. But, they’re just overmatched. And now Armstrong is out.

That's the problem with Baltimore. You can double Flowers; now one of the other guys Lamar loves throwing to is open.

They basically have Andrews as a backup option these days, and he's a rock. It should be considered embarrassing for them to not get at least 3 in every drive this season.

There is no better team in sports at constantly churning out good players. Elite, no...but good. And enough of them to cause a lot of problems for anyone.

Reactions: RedRocking

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
That should have been PI.
Be consistent refs. That was obvious.

When was the last time one of our d-linemen got their hand up to block a pass? These guys not only suck donkey balls getting pressure without bringing the house but they don’t so the simple things like getting their hands up.

I really believe the hype about our d-line in the past was to get our idiot owner and FO to buy into it and make stupid decisions based on that. AP knows better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad