OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
We are definitely lacking in talent on defense but a handful of issues I see are related to miscommunication or just terrible tackling. You would expect that to get better, esp the miscommunication issue as the season wears on. Gotta give the coaches some more time before making judgement.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Yeah, they should fire Peters. He has sucked. Team should be 4-0 with 4 shut outs.

Total travesty, and I for one, simply won’t stand for it!

Fire Peters!
Fire Quinn!

SELL THE TEAM; JoshBag!!!!

I’m totally with you!!!! Let’s create some real change we can be happy about!?!? (And truly proud of!!!!
Well, I have it on pretty good authority that Peters should have been fired for drafting the wrong QB.

The wrong QB, who happens to have the highest completion percentage after 4 games in NFL history. Not among rookies. Among every QB who's ever played.

So, there's that...

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Was in the car all day, listened to the whole game, just got to watch the highlights.

Once again, the OL did a great job, nit just protecting JD, but opening holes for the running game. As I posted before the game, when they give him time and space, his confidence and poise keep growing.

This was EXACTLY the type of game where I think it's actually good that he had his first TO: it didn't hurt the team, it really didn't even threaten to. Same with the no-punts streak. Streaks that are obviously unsustainable came to their ends and it was no big deal in either case.

From what the radio guys were saying (Homer's, no doubt) we looked very physical in all 3 phases. If we can continue developing the swagger and maintain the hard working Dirt Dog mentality, we could be in for a pretty decent season -- ahead of schedule.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
IMG_0692.jpeg

So, this is pretty cool. As he was in college, Jayden is insanely efficient.

Some random thoughts after watching Bills-Ravens:

The Ravens still use a lot of designed QB runs, and Lamar tries to make guys miss like a RB. So he takes some decent hits. The past couple games, I like that Jayden isn’t being that aggressive when he runs. He’s just taking what’s there, going down (sliding!) or out of bounds. I don’t recall him taking any big hits today, so looks like he’s learning to better protect himself.

I really like how Jayden is keeping his eyes downfield when he scrambles. With his quick release, LB/DBs have no idea what to expect, and are totally off balance when he’s on the move. Probably the biggest evolution of his game that I wanted to see in the NFL. Good job KK. Also, big props to this reconstructed o-line for giving JD time, and mauling defenders in the run game. Amazing job by AP, bringing in the new guys, and the coaches, getting them to gel.

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Weird feeling in the area. A presence I haven't felt since...

If you believe chatgpt:

"Before Week 4 of the 2024 NFL season, the last time both the Baltimore Ravens and the Washington Commanders won games by 25 points or more in the same week occurred during Week 12 of the 2007 season. In that week, the Ravens defeated the Cleveland Browns 37-7, and Washington won 34-7 against the Chicago Bears. This marked a rare instance of both teams dominating their opponents with such large margins in the same week prior to 2024."

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Daniels is him.

Kingsbury has been phenomenal. If OCs could win coach of the year he’d be leading the pack. The *perfect* game plan to this point. His offense doesn’t even have top 10 talent and it’s dominating.

The D had their best performance but is obviously lacking talent. Still, I’m going to need to see Quinn and Whitt at least get them into the 15-20 range. If you hire a DC to be your HC he needs to be able to elevate the roster.

Also Peters is crushing it with the RB, OL and Dotson moves.

His only real blemish for me is Johnny Newton… but it’s early. Same goes for Sinnott but he’s playing behind Ertz.
Johnny Newton will be a beast. He’s not fully healthy yet. Dude will be a wrecking ball on the interior once he’s back to full fitness.

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
I said either you have to look at Whitt or you accept that Peters did little of anything good to the defense

Building around Daniels was a no-brainer. The edge and DBs we pursued in the offseason signed elsewhere, and the upgrades we did make can't shore up the entire defense by themselves. Doesn't help that Payne and Allen have been meh. We've seen some improvement week-to-week, so what we do have is beginning to mesh a bit.

It takes more than a year to fix a custerfluck JDR defensive travesty built with Rivera draft picks. Patience.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Daniels is him.

Kingsbury has been phenomenal. If OCs could win coach of the year he’d be leading the pack. The *perfect* game plan to this point. His offense doesn’t even have top 10 talent and it’s dominating.

The D had their best performance but is obviously lacking talent. Still, I’m going to need to see Quinn and Whitt at least get them into the 15-20 range. If you hire a DC to be your HC he needs to be able to elevate the roster.

Also Peters is crushing it with the RB, OL and Dotson moves.

His only real blemish for me is Johnny Newton… but it’s early. Same goes for Sinnott but he’s playing behind Ertz.

There were some brilliant play calls that were perfect antidotes for blitzes and punished the D heavily for trying.

On the JD front, it's getting hard for me to imagine the rest of the league can "solve" him. He throws to everyone, everywhere. He finds what the defense is giving him and he takes it. He has massive talent and he already understands what he's seeing. He is a numerous trick pony.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
9/12 on 3rd down = us
4/11 3rd down = them

4 sacks = us
No sacks = them

Offense just continues to stay on schedule .. no forced or high danger throws
Defense gives up run yards but its working bc the secondary isnt getting exposed. We must be calling some amazing secondary schemes

Lets see if we can beat the teams we are supposed to beat now

skinsrams-008[1].jpg

Reactions: kicksavedave

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad