OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
My mind is fairly blown at how much better designed this offense is compared to last year. Top to bottom. And the massive difference it has made in everything.

I even predicted that more balanced play calling and more plays with fast developing routes and actual check downs would make the line look better and I fell short of the reality

Reactions: marcel snapshot

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Pretty impressive. This offense is good! And Dee tightened up. And our kicker was money!

Hopefully the Dee turned a corner this week.

Reactions: John Price

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Firing Whitt has to start being in the conversation. Needs to at the very least be on the hotseat. Or Peters’ drafting and FA acquisitions need to be scrutinized.
Yeah, they should fire Peters. He has sucked. Team should be 4-0 with 4 shut outs.

Total travesty, and I for one, simply won’t stand for it!

Fire Peters!
Fire Quinn!

SELL THE TEAM; JoshBag!!!!

I’m totally with you!!!! Let’s create some real change we can be happy about!?!? (And truly proud of!!!!

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Another game…another suck in. Hesitant to say I’m “happy” the D is kinda poopy, it is, so I’m not emotionally all in just yet.

Did I, or did I not, hear “let’s go redskins” chant with about 6 minutes or so left? Lol
I’m INvested. 100%. JD5 makes it impossible not to be.

Defense played really well. Shockingly so.

Cleveland at home next week. Skins may even be favoured??

• Wow
Reactions: Devil Dancer

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
The way they've come together so quickly...have to believe there's something special cooking. There's a wave of confidence apparent that greatly helps offset many of their limitations. Now when they play stronger defenses and higher-end teams generally we'll see how they stack up but...the recipe looks very game against your average team. Keeping Daniels clean and him not needing to run so much is such a key factor. Make his life easy as a decisive manager with the odd scramble and they're going to be a factor (already).

Hell, look at the top of the NFC these days. Minnesota, Tampa Bay, Seattle. Not exactly greatness...

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
So…. 3-1. 3 straight W’s. Next 5 games?
CLE
@ BAL
CAR
CHI
@ NYG

3-2 would make them 6-3! Then:

PIT
@ PHI
DAL
TEN
BYE Week.

2-2 would be great. Even 1-3 means 7-6 going into the bye.

Last 4?
@ NO
PHI
ATL
@ DAL

That’s hard. 1-3 again? 8-9?

I think 9-10 wins is certainly *possible*, but the sked gets a lot harder.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
So…. 3-1. 3 straight W’s. Next 5 games?
CLE
@ BAL
CAR
CHI
@ NYG

3-2 would make them 6-3! Then:

PIT
@ PHI
DAL
TEN
BYE Week.

2-2 would be great. Even 1-3 means 7-6 going into the bye.

Last 4?
@ NO
PHI
ATL
@ DAL

That’s hard. 1-3 again? 8-9?

I think 9-10 wins is certainly *possible*, but the sked gets a lot harder.

This team keeps getting better each week. They're like Neo in the Matrix final scene, starting to believe. We're going 16-1!

Reactions: John Price

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Yeah, they should fire Peters. He has sucked. Team should be 4-0 with 4 shut outs.

Total travesty, and I for one, simply won’t stand for it!

Fire Peters!
Fire Quinn!

SELL THE TEAM; JoshBag!!!!

I’m totally with you!!!! Let’s create some real change we can be happy about!?!? (And truly proud of!!!!
Whitt’s defense has been horrific. They ran through us like we were butter. Our offensive time of possession made the defense look better than it was. Didn’t say to fire him yet, but he should feel some pressure.

I didnt say that Peters sucks. I said either you have to look at Whitt or you accept that Peters did little of anything good to the defense (ie scrutinize how he handled that side of the ball). What has made this season special so far has been Daniels, Kingsbury, and perhaps Quinn’s overall team motivation.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Daniels is him.

Kingsbury has been phenomenal. If OCs could win coach of the year he’d be leading the pack. The *perfect* game plan to this point. His offense doesn’t even have top 10 talent and it’s dominating.

The D had their best performance but is obviously lacking talent. Still, I’m going to need to see Quinn and Whitt at least get them into the 15-20 range. If you hire a DC to be your HC he needs to be able to elevate the roster.

Also Peters is crushing it with the RB, OL and Dotson moves.

His only real blemish for me is Johnny Newton… but it’s early. Same goes for Sinnott but he’s playing behind Ertz.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Whitt’s defense has been horrific. They ran through us like we were butter. Our offensive time of possession made the defense look better than it was. Didn’t say to fire him yet, but he should feel some pressure.

I didnt say that Peters sucks. I said either you have to look at Whitt or you accept that Peters did little of anything good to the defense (ie scrutinize how he handled that side of the ball). What has made this season special so far has been Daniels, Kingsbury, and perhaps Quinn’s overall team motivation.
No he shouldn’t….other than the normal push to get better in every phase each week. This team needs to build and foster stability, not get itchy to fire guys when a team that just picked #2 in the offseason just held the Cards to 14 pts.

Why do you feel the need to assign blame? This wasn’t something that could all be fixed in one offseason.

Reactions: Calicaps

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad