OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
aiyuk is not coming here this season. you'd think his former GM would be in the mix but there's been almost no smoke

wait till off-season fa and you can really lock him up long term
All I'm seeing is smoke ever since this dotson deal

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Chase would be insane. I won't let my hopes even gets lightly up on that front.
Chase is an unreal talent, but going after him seems far more like a Snyder-era move than something the current regime would do. I can't imagine us blowing up our salary structure by adding an outside guy who would immediately become our far-and-away biggest contract.

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
We traded Desmond Howard 2.0 to Philly?

All in on Luke to take over that WR2 spot by midseason.
All in on luke as well especially if they don't go out and get aiyuk. Been trying to draft terry everywhere but will also go for LMC as a sleeper this year

Reactions: RandyHolt

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
GVdTm43W0AA3tFE

• Wow
Reactions: Ridley Simon

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
All I'm seeing is smoke ever since this dotson deal

I'm way more familiar with NHL trade tendencies, so I guess my question on the Aiyuk front would be whether Dotson -- a still-promising WR that's put up good numbers with a dysfunctional team -- is perceived as worth more or less than a (likely late) 3rd and change? Getting a WR back as part of the swap might save SF some hassle, no?

I just don't see the direct connective tissue between the Dotson trade and another swipe at Aiyuk. Seems speculative to me at best. I think they just cut bait on a guy that wasn't fitting here and got what they could.

Reactions: kicksavedave

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
Unless they just didn't want Dotson, so peters decides to turn him into something that San Fran might want instead.

Firstly, good job AP.

Secondly, if this was a few weeks ago and the rumors that talks with SF have recently opened back up are true, I have to think that means SF is willing to lower the price.

Last edited:
Reactions: ynotcaps

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Unless they just didn't want Dotson, so peters decides to turn him into something that San Fran might want instead.

Firstly, good job AP.

Secondly, if this was a few weeks ago and the rumors that talks with SF have recently opened back up are true, I have to think that means SF is willing to lower the price.
And while obviously no one near the level of BA is going to hit the waiver wire, in less than a week it's going to be a buyers' market on cut-down day. There are always surprise cap casualties that could fill a need for a team not willing to part with draft assets.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
aiyuk is not coming here this season. you'd think his former GM would be in the mix but there's been almost no smoke

wait till off-season fa and you can really lock him up long term
There’s been a lot of smoke out here. About the Skins and Aiyuk. He really seems to want to be in DC w Daniel’s.

Seems like a serious Bromance going on between the 2.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

Firstly, good job AP.

Send them McCaffrey, and that 3rd they just got. Reunite the brothers. What a story.

(Hell, throw in Leadfoot Davis and Twiggy Forbes, for good measure)

Roric

Aug 2, 2020

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
they're really putting the cart before the horse if the give the assets needed to get BA , this team is at least 2yrs away and that's only if we hit on most of our draft picks and can get the right pieces needed in free agency to fill holes

we need 2 x OT/CB/DE so while it would be great to add a top end receiver to go with Terry it won't mean shit if JD doesn't have the time or worse he gets killed because our o-line is trash

Last edited:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Even if OT/CB are trash it makes sense to add another key core offensive weapon to the mix for the sake of additional competitiveness/stability. Ideally you'd hope to get that more on the cheap from their breakout Round 2/3 rookies but if they've got room in their cap planning...Have to think they'll add someone, right? On the waiver wire if nothing else.
Definitely think there's more fat to trim to make claims at WR/OL/CB. And with second claim positioning it seems inevitable that they'll be active.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I was very against Aiyuk but if they can get him at a reasonable cost they should. More weapons hopefully puts less pressure on the OL since in theory the WRs could get open more quickly, plus the defense would need to focus more resources on coverage forcing them to be a bit more apprehensive in terms of pass rushing. They also couldn’t stack the box and bracket Terry.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I’m on Team Add Weapons….if BA is there to be had for less than a 1st, hard to resist. Would like to see TM with a legit threat opposite him and an elite arm distributing the ball. $30 mil a year bugs me, but he’s in his prime, just turned 26 in March.

Reactions: ynotcaps and g00n

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad