OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
This isn’t NFL football. This won’t work.

Your franchise QB needs to know how to slide and keep his helmet on. It’ll be a miracle if he plays out his rookie contract.

The immaturity/arrogance is a thing.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
This isn’t NFL football. This won’t work.

Your franchise QB needs to know how to slide and keep his helmet on. It’ll be a miracle if he plays out his rookie contract.

The immaturity/arrogance is a thing.
Wait were there slides he didn't do well? Helmet thing is up in the air on who is responsible for that.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'm not worried about sliding (OK, tumbling). I am very worried about the percent of the offense that is devoted to designed QB runs.

As stupid as it was for EB to have 5th rounder Howell dropping back on 70% of snaps, it's even stupider to have the rookie #2 OA run by design on 40-50 of snaps.

And the D. My dog hates it when we're on defense. "No, I'm not yelling at you, buddy. You're a sweet - YOU STUPID MOTHER******S, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU????"

That was way too many QB runs

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
Now I get to yap all year about how we should have traded down and picked up an elite OL and another critical piece instead of going after a shiny new quarterback toy.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Take away those garbage time completions and yards and we're looking at Dewayne Haskins numbers give or take 30-40 yards rushing. His inability to find open receivers at this level is concerning. It's only one game but the same shit everyone who wasn't swooning over him called out pre-draft happened. I thought the line played decent, a lot better than last year. There were plays where he had more time to throw than Howell did his entire series and he checked down repeatedly. He can't slide to save his life, literally. He'll be injured if he continues to run for 80-100 yards a game. He took several ugly shots today and teams don't even know how to scheme for him yet or catch his tells. This team doesn't look any different to me on D. In fact they might be worse with no impact edge rushers now. Going to be a long year. Arch Manning 2026 draft here we come!

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Take away those garbage time completions and yards and we're looking at Dewayne Haskins numbers give or take 30-40 yards rushing. His inability to find open receivers at this level is concerning. It's only one game but the same shit everyone who wasn't swooning over him called out pre-draft happened. I thought the line played decent, a lot better than last year. There were plays where he had more time to throw than Howell did his entire series and he checked down repeatedly. He can't slide to save his life, literally. He'll be injured if he continues to run for 80-100 yards a game. He took several ugly shots today and teams don't even know how to scheme for him yet or catch his tells. This team doesn't look any different to me on D. In fact they might be worse with no impact edge rushers now. Going to be a long year. Arch Manning 2026 draft here we come!

To be fair he doesn’t have receivers. All Bowles has to do is cover Terry. Everyone else is mid. It’s too early to judge him as a passer but his running style was apparently totally neglected by the coaching staff in the offseason.

I was in the prove it camp for Kingsbury and I’m now one foot in the clown show category.

It’s shocking how bad the D was.

Watched the whole game still don't know what you are seeing but we can agree to disagree.
Then you might want to get your eyes checked he rolls like a dunce. He doesn’t even slide. Worse than RG3.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
To be fair he doesn’t have receivers. All Bowles has to do is cover Terry. Everyone else is mid. It’s too early to judge him as a passer but his running style was apparently totally neglected by the coaching staff in the offseason.

I was in the prove it camp for Kingsbury and I’m now one foot in the clown show category.

Then you might want to get your eyes checked he rolls like a dunce. He doesn’t even slide. Worse than RG3.
Was he doing anything that Lamar does not do?

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA

Tampa's secondary had a ton of guys out and we didn't take advantage of it. No chance that Brown and Crowder didn't get open the entire game. Him having no one to throw too except Terry is a bail out take. He only attempted 11 balls to WRs. Too much checking down and too much pull the ball down and run with a ton of time to go through progressions.

His forward roll is a joke. How did this not get identified by staff? He was doing it in college.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
This coaching staff ain't it.

Wasn't very enthusiastic about the Quinn and Kingsbury hirings, but figured I'd see how they would show for the first game of the season. The team looked unprepared, had some dumb penalties in the first half, and looked like they were still in pre-season mode. Defense couldn't stop TB offense, and offense couldn't do much other than Jayden scrambling for first downs. Its only the first game of the season, so not calling for them to get fired but sometimes you just get the feeling like they're not going to cut it. Its the opposite of the feeling I got with Carbery, who, even though he wasn't setting the world on fire early last season, you go the feeling as if he knew what he was doing based on how he talked about the game and his players.

Reactions: Holtbyisms

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad