OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Like guys are at least handing off coverages? It's just slow enough for there to be huge gaps. There isn't as much blown coverage where nobody is paying attention.

Could also just be lucky too

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Loved that read from Wagner at least. Ignored both sweeps as guys irrelevant to him and stood in the hole to see what plays out.

Everything since is a disgrace.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Damn, I should have called 20 yard screen pass. Hey Whitt, I know the talent sucks, but you are not looking good so far. Some of this has to fall on the defensive calls.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
When I'm doing my breathing exercising, I'm reminding myself that this team was bad enough to earn the 2OA pick, we've turned over the owner, the GM, most of the FO, 90% of the coaching staff, more than 50% of the roster, and of the players who are still here, many of them were brought in by an operation that had the same ability to watch and evaluate talent as Helen Keller or Stevie Wonder.

It's going to take more than one draft, one camp and one preseason to un**** this pig. On the very dark bright side, it appears that we will be in position to draft a franchise OT or CB in '25, or maybe trade for a butt-load of assets and still have a chance to draft a top prospect.

But it's all predicated on these assholes not getting our franchise QB killed by subjecting him to tackles on every freaking offensive snap.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I’ve pretty much had it with guys like Allen who are way way overrated. These guys lunge for sacks like a bunch of fools.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Blowout city

If I played fantasy football I would just start all players that played against Washington :laugh:

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
When I'm doing my breathing exercising, I'm reminding myself that this team was bad enough to earn the 2OA pick, we've turned over the owner, the GM, most of the FO, 90% of the coaching staff, more than 50% of the roster, and of the players who are still here, many of them were brought in by an operation that had the same ability to watch and evaluate talent as Helen Keller or Stevie Wonder.

It's going to take more than one draft, one camp and one preseason to un**** this pig. On the very dark bright side, it appears that we will be in position to draft a franchise OT or CB in '25, or maybe trade for a butt-load of assets and still have a chance to draft a top prospect.

But it's all predicated on these assholes not getting our franchise QB killed by subjecting him to tackles on every freaking offensive snap.
I mean I half expected them to lose today but the way they’re losing is extremely concerning.

Kingsbury looks like a clown and the defense is paper soft. Daniels slides worse than a grade schooler.

Bad.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
1725837139684.gif

I don't expect the defense to be this bad all year, but yeesh. The stench right now...

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Blowout city

If I played fantasy football I would just start all players that played against Washington :laugh:
I do play fantasy and I am absolutely picking up D. Jones on waivers and starting him next week. I believe he is available in 100% of leagues.

• Haha
Reactions: John Price

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I’m A OK with trading Jonathan Allen.
He is so overrated and has been for a long time. Teams are still running on us despite a better LB core. Barely gets pressure. Can’t bring QBs down. I hope he’s part of Peters’ house cleaning.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
I mean I half expected them to lose today but the way they’re losing is extremely concerning.

Kingsbury looks like a clown and the defense is paper soft. Daniels slides worse than a grade schooler.

Bad.
I'm not worried about sliding (OK, tumbling). I am very worried about the percent of the offense that is devoted to designed QB runs.

As stupid as it was for EB to have 5th rounder Howell dropping back on 70% of snaps, it's even stupider to have the rookie #2 OA run by design on 40-50 of snaps.

And the D. My dog hates it when we're on defense. "No, I'm not yelling at you, buddy. You're a sweet - YOU STUPID MOTHER******S, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU????"

Reactions: John Price and Jags

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad