OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
1718134565790.png

I know every offseason is all hype but this seems especially promising.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I was still hoping he would rip a fastball on that 1st pitch! Lol…just goes to show you, not everyone played baseball….

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I was still hoping he would rip a fastball on that 1st pitch! Lol…just goes to show you, not everyone played baseball….
I’m just happy he seemingly survived the episode without getting injured. For all we hear about him being frail and all (and his long history of injury in college…..right @kicksavedave?)…..we should all just be looking at that fact.

Amirite?

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
That first pitch video really emphasizes how damn skinny Daniels is, for an NFL player.

(Says nothing about his 'football IQ' or general ability to be successful.)

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
This is everything we want so far….dude looks incredibly dedicated….

THIS SPRING, TEAMMATE after teammate mentioned how early Daniels arrived at the Commanders' facility.

"He always beats me here, so I think that's pretty cool," said defensive tackle Jonathan Allen, who arrives at 6:45 a.m.

"You start to doubt yourself a little bit," said guard Nick Allegretti, who arrives at 6:30 a.m. "You think you're one of the early guys and then he looks like he'd been here for a minute. He is bright eyed. I'm dragging in at 6:30 so I'm going to work on it, maybe get here at six."

Daniels clocks in around 5:45 a.m.

It is what he did at LSU, too. Rookie receiver Luke McCaffrey has been joining Daniels in Washington. The two players watch film, then head to the practice bubble to walk through plays.

After misfires, Daniels often talks to one of his teammates. Tight end Zach Ertzusually can be seen with him after a series, motioning with his hands as if discussing a route. McLaurin and running back Austin Ekeler have said Daniels asked them to stay after practice so he can work on throwing to a particular route.

"I don't think I've had a young quarterback that really has come in and within the first week he's like, 'Hey, can we get this rep after practice?'" said McLaurin, who has played with 10 different starting quarterbacks since joining the organization in 2019. "It makes the growth part a lot quicker."

Not only his play, but Daniels' patience and poise in the pocket has also stood out.

"A lot of guys panic and try to force the throw or just run but he's comfortable back there and he's looking to make a play down the field," Allegretti said. "A lot of rookies just put their head down and run. That's been the biggest thing that's jumped out."

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad