OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Changing the subject, I'm annoyed with the way the league has dribbled out the schedule launch. Guess I'm a "shove it all in one box and discover the goodies piece-by-piece" guy.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I actually felt dumber after listening to it, I’m not even joking. What a complete and total loser
That’s really surprising. I would have thought the commencement address at the small midwestern catholic college given by a devout catholic would have completely resonated with you… :sarcasm:

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Yup, and firing someone for saying dumbass stuff isn't remotely the same as violating their precious 1st amendment rights. But I doubt Butker gets fired over this, but I would love to see some repercussions. Maybe the Chiefs don't cut him but he loses some sponsors?
I disagree with your desire to silence someone who has opinions that differ with yours. If you believe his opinions/ideas aren’t good ones then try combating them with better ones.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I disagree with your desire to silence someone who has opinions that differ with yours. If you believe his opinions/ideas aren’t good ones then try combating them with better ones.

I'm not silencing him at all, I specifically said he has a right to say these things. But he doesn't have a right to keep sponsors who disagree with his views. Its also true that he doesn't have a right to keep his job if his employer considers his words to be detrimental to the team.

I'm not interested in debating the actual merits of his words, certainly not on here anyway. He has a right to say things I disagree with and I have a right to say I hope he trips over a crack in the sidewalk and bites his own tongue off. See how this works?

Reactions: Neil Racki

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
I was sitting in Cava yesterday, eating Cava and a guy comes in and sits down with some Chic Fila.

Me (in my head): "I am going to drive my f***ing fist through his teeth and out the back of his f***ing head if this f*** looks in my direction"

me (also in my head): 'Dude .. what the f***? Are you some kind of psycho? How in the world does this guy wanting to eat his lunch effect you at all? Theres plenty of tables open .. why are you suddenly the self anointed defender of Cava's table sitting policy?"

---------------------------

I try to live by the "if it doesnt effect you .. then it doesnt effect you" but man its hard

• Haha
Reactions: John Price

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I'm not silencing him at all, I specifically said he has a right to say these things. But he doesn't have a right to keep sponsors who disagree with his views. Its also true that he doesn't have a right to keep his job if his employer considers his words to be detrimental to the team.

I'm not interested in debating the actual merits of his words, certainly not on here anyway. He has a right to say things I disagree with and I have a right to say I hope he trips over a crack in the sidewalk and bites his own tongue off. See how this works?
Again, combat the ideas and opinions you disagree with with better ones. But it sounds like you aren’t able to do that so instead you want him silenced by taking away his ability to make a living. Not because he actually did anything but because he had the gall to say something you don’t agree with.

He was invited to give a commencement speech at a small catholic college and as a devout catholic he delivered. His words were directed at the people in that room, not to you or any of the people faking outrage about this. He wasn’t speaking to the world on social media. He wasn’t speaking at a press conference representing the Chiefs or the league.

You, and your ilk, wanting sanctions for someone saying something you disagree with is chilling. It’s frankly unamerican and you are old enough to know better.

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
I was sitting in Cava yesterday, eating Cava and a guy comes in and sits down with some Chic Fila.

Me (in my head): "I am going to drive my f***ing fist through his teeth and out the back of his f***ing head if this f*** looks in my direction"

me (also in my head): 'Dude .. what the f***? Are you some kind of psycho? How in the world does this guy wanting to eat his lunch effect you at all? Theres plenty of tables open .. why are you suddenly the self anointed defender of Cava's table sitting policy?"

---------------------------

I try to live by the "if it doesnt effect you .. then it doesnt effect you" but man its hard

intrusive thoughts can be wicked at times. may they never win

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I don’t think “the idiot kicker” is neither stupid, nor an asshole. He’s just brainwashed by either his upbringing, his religious choices, or both.

His message fit his audience, which is I’m sure why he was chosen.

Do I agree with it? His commentary?

Not really, no. People can all be and do whatever they want, within the laws of our society. No one (and I mean NO ONE), should ever prevent that.

Is our society a bit of a mess, and was his message 1000% off base? I don’t think so, either. Men do have a responsibility to their children (being at home), as an example.

I would also be more vocally against his commentary were he to be using social media etc to spread it. But that doesn’t seem to be the case, unless I missed something?

Anyway — slow news cycle, that this is even a thing really, IMO. There are people in various meetings all over the world, saying shit they believe that others do not believe. This is no different

Reactions: Jags

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Again, combat the ideas and opinions you disagree with with better ones. But it sounds like you aren’t able to do that so instead you want him silenced by taking away his ability to make a living. Not because he actually did anything but because he had the gall to say something you don’t agree with.

He was invited to give a commencement speech at a small catholic college and as a devout catholic he delivered. His words were directed at the people in that room, not to you or any of the people faking outrage about this. He wasn’t speaking to the world on social media. He wasn’t speaking at a press conference representing the Chiefs or the league.

You, and your ilk, wanting sanctions for someone saying something you disagree with is chilling. It’s frankly unamerican and you are old enough to know better.
Lol, a borderline famous NFL player gives a speech but it’s only “directed” towards the people in that room with cameras and media everywhere. Wtf are you even talking about? And something you disagree with? This isn’t some sort of political, religious debate. It’s straight up bullshit hate coming out of his mouth, it’s astonishing you’re even trying to pull the “freedom of speech” “fake outrage” card on something so incredibly stupid. He said women should stay at home and it’s diabolical to pursue a career, I mean wtf LOL

Sep 19, 2008
2 NFL games on Netflix on Christmas now. How many Streams are we going to need to watch NFL?
Peacock
NFL+
Amazon
Netflix
ESPN+
Paramount+

How do you get the Fox games?

Am I missing any?
This is why I mostly focus on my team. Living directly in the DC area, I can get every game for free on my antenna.

Yeah Chiefs Steelers on Christmas Day on Netflix is going to suck, but I'll either go to a bar or watch "elsewhere".

And to answer the question, only 4. Peacock, and ESPN+ for the occasional exclusive, Amazon every week, and Netflix for 2 games. NFL+ only streams in market games (which you should get with a TV and antenna) and Paramount+ only airs in market CBS games (again which you should get with antenna)

Reactions: Ovechkins Wodka

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
But whatever, i get that shit is probably in their curriculum. It still pisses me off lol
And it's not like it's some brand new idea nobody has ever examined before, ffs. We don't have to mount a full academic investigation and kid gloves charm campaign to assess its value while pretending to respect the neanderthal elements of it.

As for the indoctrination victim angle, meh. It's the 21st century. We have plenty of information sources and adults have ample opportunity to question these things and come to better conclusions.

Reactions: max21

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I won’t stand for any CFA hate here, ya get me? The spicy chicken sandwiches are delicious.

Butker’s mom is an accomplished professional in her field of choice — a field that’s dominated by men, no less, and one widely known to be hostile towards women. Wonder what she thought of her son taking advantage of the opportunities she worked her ass off for and then spitting in her face.

The funniest part about all this is the college he spoke at is worse than an online for-profit — they have a 99% acceptance and a 64% graduation rate :laugh:

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
This is why I mostly focus on my team. Living directly in the DC area, I can get every game for free on my antenna.

Yeah Chiefs Steelers on Christmas Day on Netflix is going to suck, but I'll either go to a bar or watch "elsewhere".

And to answer the question, only 4. Peacock, and ESPN+ for the occasional exclusive, Amazon every week, and Netflix for 2 games. NFL+ only streams in market games (which you should get with a TV and antenna) and Paramount+ only airs in market CBS games (again which you should get with antenna)
NFL+ you will need for NFLn the 4 games overseas this season , and Redzone if you are hooked on it like crack on NFL sundays.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
1715817801188.png

Reactions: John Price

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
7 of the 1st 10 games I think the point spreads will be close. We could have a decent record going into games vs the Steelers and Eagles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad