Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v6 | Fri, Sept 13 | vs StL | 7pm ET/4pm PT | TBA vs TBA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Bullpen 6.04 ERA for September, 2nd worst in the league, are doing their part for the tank. Gawd they're awful.

We'd probably be back at .500 now if we'd just had an average bullpen performance since the trade deadline.

We'd probably be in the playoffs if we'd had an average bullpen performance for the season.

It's the worst I've ever seen, and I've seen this team have some bad bullpens over the last 30 years.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
We'd probably be back at .500 now if we'd just had an average bullpen performance since the trade deadline.

We'd probably be in the playoffs if we'd had an average bullpen performance for the season.

It's the worst I've ever seen, and I've seen this team have some bad bullpens over the last 30 years.
I know WAR for relievers is dicey at best, but Colorado is 29th in the league with 0.1 fWAR from the pen and the Jays are 30th... at -3.0 fWAR. That's WILD.

In terms of Jays bullpens, the worst ever coming into this year was -1.1 in 1984.

Just crazy. One of the better pens in the league last year, then they brought everyone back (including a now healthy Chad Green) and became one of the worst we've ever seen.

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I know WAR for relievers is dicey at best, but Colorado is 29th in the league with 0.1 fWAR from the pen and the Jays are 30th... at -3.0 fWAR. That's WILD.

In terms of Jays bullpens, the worst ever coming into this year was -1.1 in 1984.

Just crazy. One of the better pens in the league last year, then they brought everyone back (including a now healthy Chad Green) and became one of the worst we've ever seen.

It's one of those crazy things you see in sports sometimes where it's worst-case outcomes for almost everyone and best-case outcomes for almost nobody.

If you ran the 2024 bullpen through a simulation 1000 times, this would probably be the single worst result.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Anyone notice Vladdy stopped hitting homers again? He's only hit one in September, and that was on the first day. He's stuck at 28 with 12 games left including this one. Would be nice to hit 30.

For a while it looked like he could even hit 35, but that's unlikely now unless he goes on a homer heater.

They just aren’t bothering to pitch to him anymore. He’s getting IBB’d twice as much as the next guy (Judge) over the last month

Reactions: Discoverer

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Well, the bats lay an egg Jays lose 2-0, can't really fault Francis still a pretty good game from him though he only seems to get beaten on homers lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad