Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v6 | Fri, Sept 13 | vs StL | 7pm ET/4pm PT | TBA vs TBA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Schneiders gonna need to keep hitting, there’s a role for him there moving forward. But Orelvis Martinez is gonna push him for it. Some second base, maybe some DH.
Similar offensive production in the minors, similar position with a defensive edge to DS.
In either case, next years team is going to be interesting. And the next wave pushing from AAA and AA is gonna be pretty ready for ‘26 at the very latest if it all comes apart. I’m guessing that Clase, Roden, Shreck, Barger, McAdoo, Kasevich, Jimenez and Martinez all start the year there and will be in tough to crack the big league team in big roles. Berroa, Tirotta and Palmegiani should be there too. And some of those guys have already done pretty much all you could reasonably expect at that level.
Interesting to see how it all plays out.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Schneiders gonna need to keep hitting, there’s a role for him there moving forward. But Orelvis Martinez is gonna push him for it. Some second base, maybe some DH.
Similar offensive production in the minors, similar position with a defensive edge to DS.
In either case, next years team is going to be interesting. And the next wave pushing from AAA and AA is gonna be pretty ready for ‘26 at the very latest if it all comes apart. I’m guessing that Clase, Roden, Shreck, Barger, McAdoo, Kasevich, Jimenez and Martinez all start the year there and will be in tough to crack the big league team in big roles. Berroa, Tirotta and Palmegiani should be there too. And some of those guys have already done pretty much all you could reasonably expect at that level.
Interesting to see how it all plays out.
I think they will use the depth to trade for other positions such as relief pitching.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I think they will use the depth to trade for other positions such as relief pitching.
Pretty good guess. But I’m not sure…four of those guys aren’t even rule5 eligible yet.
Tricky call on who though if that’s the plan.
Not necessarily untouchable, but I would hold onto Clase, Roden, OMart and Barger….for sure. All profile as above average offensive players, good athletes.
Maybe Jimenez? But if Bo doesn’t stick around, he’s a good bet to be a league average bat and plus defender.
Kasevich? Maybe, but his hit tool is legit and if he adds power - he’s a top of the order bat at a premium position.
McAdoo and Shreck have good stock right now I’d think.
There was apparently chatter that Ernie Clement had suitors at the deadline because of his versatility.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Pretty good guess. But I’m not sure…four of those guys aren’t even rule5 eligible yet.
Tricky call on who though if that’s the plan.
Not necessarily untouchable, but I would hold onto Clase, Roden, OMart and Barger….for sure. All profile as above average offensive players, good athletes.
Maybe Jimenez? But if Bo doesn’t stick around, he’s a good bet to be a league average bat and plus defender.
Kasevich? Maybe, but his hit tool is legit and if he adds power - he’s a top of the order bat at a premium position.
McAdoo and Shreck have good stock right now I’d think.
There was apparently chatter that Ernie Clement had suitors at the deadline because of his versatility.
I'm sure I'm over valuing him to some extent because I love his unique profile, but I think you only move Clement if the young guys force him out or if you get some ridiculous offer. At the very least, he's a very cheap version of what they were willing to spend $15 million on in IKF: a roughly average bat who plays strong defense at multiple positions.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I'm sure I'm over valuing him to some extent because I love his unique profile, but I think you only move Clement if the young guys force him out or if you get some ridiculous offer. At the very least, he's a very cheap version of what they were willing to spend $15 million on in IKF: a roughly average bat who plays strong defense at multiple positions.

Clement has been worth 4.5 WAR in 156 games as a Blue Jay and makes absolute peanuts, and is under team control through 2028. Outside of Vladdy he's pretty much the last player on the team we should be moving away from. The $ value to WAR value to versatility value there is huge.

Also seems like a really outgoing glue guy in the clubhouse on top of that.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Why did they stick Bichette in the 2 spot right away? Jeez, let him get a few swings at least further down the lineup.

As predicted he struck out.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Anyone notice Vladdy stopped hitting homers again? He's only hit one in September, and that was on the first day. He's stuck at 28 with 12 games left including this one. Would be nice to hit 30.

For a while it looked like he could even hit 35, but that's unlikely now unless he goes on a homer heater.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Jays should definitely be on Kikuchi in the winter. Why not?

Anyone notice Vladdy stopped hitting homers again? He's only hit one in September, and that was on the first day. He's stuck at 28 with 12 games left including this one. Would be nice to hit 30.

For a while it looked like he could even hit 35, but that's unlikely now unless he goes on a homer heater.

Probably gonna go through ups and downs. Didn't Judge just have 70-80 plate appearances without a homer? It happens.

Reactions: HockeyThoughts

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
How long before Nick Robertson asks for a trade?

Drag for Varsho and Wagner.

Happy to see Berroa back up, he was mashing in Buffalo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad