Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v6 | Fri, Sept 13 | vs StL | 7pm ET/4pm PT | TBA vs TBA Ohtanis Makes History

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
I dunno about Springer. This is the 2nd year that he's been fully healthy, and he's been bad offensively, this year worse than previous.

I just dont know if he can be league average again. I think if he keeps playing good RF defense, which he has, i'm fine with it just as long as he's down the lineup.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
One reason to be optimistic: The Tigers only had one player with an OPS over .735 this season (*minimum 90 games played), and they are in the playoffs. Carpenter was good for them but only played half the season.

K.C. only had four players with an OPS of at least .743, and their second, third, and fourth best hitters had OPSs of .743, .760, and .786.

This shows that offense is down league-wide, and just landing one big bat to pair with Vlad could help the Jays get back to the playoffs quickly.

We also have some big bounce-back candidates in Bichette, Springer, Kirk, etc., and Horwitz looks promising, all being .750 OPS+ candidates.
League average OPS was ~700.
It’s not unreasonable to think that the Jays will get that from 7 positions if they add a bat, and possible they field a full lineup over that mark.

Reactions: Puckstuff

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Firing a guy two years too late isn't really any action and the fact that Shapiro and Atkins are doing the season ending presser means both are getting out unscathed.

Toronto sports, man, they really hate making the changes that are necessary in a front office, don't they?
Last year of Shapiro contract and two left on Atkins. They will let them walk this team into potential ruin. Do we want desperate gm and president in charge when you have Bo, Vlad, Gausman and Basset on the final year of their deals? They all walk together and we are left with potentially a couple comp picks. It’s setting up to look real ugly after this season. I’d prefer at least a new gm in place to start planning for it

I dunno about Springer. This is the 2nd year that he's been fully healthy, and he's been bad offensively, this year worse than previous.

I just dont know if he can be league average again. I think if he keeps playing good RF defense, which he has, i'm fine with it just as long as he's down the lineup.
You need to get use to Springer being an anchor at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad