Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v6 | Fri, Sept 13 | vs StL | 7pm ET/4pm PT | TBA vs TBA Ohtanis Makes History

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
And yet again, the reports of Vladdy’s death have been greatly exaggerated. Bat still goes boom.

Edit: 2nd one dead centre 441ft
Yep i was complaining about his homer-less streak in September. So he hits two and now has 30.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
He was hitting slap singles for 2 months.

Homers win games. Until mid JULY he was on pace for 15 homers.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Just the absolute dumbest. Imagine seeing a guy with a .447 OBP and thinking he's been a disappointment because he hasn't hit many homeruns.

Yeah like Santander is a solid hitter who has racked up home runs, but there’s no way in this day and age, with all the data available, we’re calling him the 3rd best hitter behind Judge and Ohtani.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I’m not sure ‘statement games’ exist, but if this wasn’t one, I don’t know what is.
Leaps over both 50 plateaus, first game ever with 3/2, and 10(!!)rbi? How often has 10 rbi happened?
I searched the box score just to see it in one place.
It’s unbelievable.
Edit to add: Ohtani’s 10rbi is the 17th time a player had 10 or more rbi in a game.

I don’t recall this, but ex-Jay Mark Whiten holds the record for most rbi in a game In ML history with 12 while he played for the Cards. Shares the record with another dude who wasn’t a Jay.

Last edited:

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I’m not sure ‘statement games’ exist, but if this wasn’t one, I don’t know what is.
Leaps over both 50 plateaus, first game ever with 3/2, and 10(!!)rbi? How often has 10 rbi happened?
It’s unbelievable.

All that only for the Dodgers to lose in the division series :sarcasm:

Reactions: aingefan

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Just the absolute dumbest. Imagine seeing a guy with a .447 OBP and thinking he's been a disappointment because he hasn't hit many homeruns.
Yeah Vladdy is here to hit homers. I'm glad he's hit for a great average this year too, something people dismiss a lot as a useless stat.

Look what happened in August. They stated hitting homers as a team and boom, they won a lot o games. Less homers in September and they've lost more games.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Yeah like Santander is a solid hitter who has racked up home runs, but there’s no way in this day and age, with all the data available, we’re calling him the 3rd best hitter behind Judge and Ohtani.

In terms of the best hitters in the game, where’s Vladdy?

1. Ohtani
2. Judge
3. Soto
4. Witt
5. Vladdy?

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
It’s unbelievable.
Edit to add: Ohtani’s 10rbi is the 17th time a player had 10 or more rbi in a game.

I don’t recall this, but ex-Jay Mark Whiten holds the record for most rbi in a game In ML history with 12 while he played for the Cards. Shares the record with another dude who wasn’t a Jay.
I didn't know Whiten had the single game RBI record, but that had to be his 4 HR game. He was a pretty mediocre player outside of one massive game.

Yeah Vladdy is here to hit homers. I'm glad he's hit for a great average this year too, something people dismiss a lot as a useless stat.

Look what happened in August. They stated hitting homers as a team and boom, they won a lot o games. Less homers in September and they've lost more games.
People don't think average is a useless stat. People think there are much better stats that tell you more about what a player has done.

Vlad is here to provide offense for the Jays. There are a lot of ways you can do that. Hitting HR is the biggest one, but getting on base at a ludicrous rate is good, too. He was fantastic in May despite the lack of HR.

We want Vlad to be prime Cabrera/Pujols, as he has been for much of the year, but if you think a month in which he was only hitting like prime Wade Boggs is a bad month, I don't know what to tell you.

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
In terms of the best hitters in the game, where’s Vladdy?

1. Ohtani
2. Judge
3. Soto
4. Witt
5. Vladdy?
Vlad ranks 6th with a 167 wRC+ among qualified hitters this season, behind the 4 guys you said plus Rooker.

But since April 27th after he fixed his swing, his 185 wRC+ would rank 2nd on the season-long qualified hitter leaderboard behind only Judge.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Vlad ranks 6th with a 167 wRC+ among qualified hitters this season, behind the 4 guys you said plus Rooker.

But since April 27th after he fixed his swing, his 185 wRC+ would rank 2nd on the season-long qualified hitter leaderboard behind only Judge.

Ops, I forgot about Rooker. But I think that Vladdy is definitely a top 5 hitter as things stand now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad