Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v5 | Wed, Aug 7 | vs Bal | 7pm ET/4pm PT | Kremer vs Gausman

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
well.. what do they say about picking the ball up after it stops rolling? You won't win many games doing that.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Would lose my mind if I was Springer there, Gave him both inside and outside, off the plate. Umps card won't look pretty tonight.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Santander hits another bomb... I guess Yarborough isn't so tricky Buck... lol..

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
He isn't wrong. In April he only hit 2 homers and 10RBI, in May he only hit 2 homers and 12RBI. he only had 2 homers by June 19th. He finally got hot hitting 6 homers in 9 games to close out June and has stayed hot since.

2.5 months of slap hitting singles is pretty bad.

Vladdy slap hitting singles in May is irrelevant when his overall stat line was still top 10 in MLB lol. Only Judge had a higher OBP that month. Please try to tell me how him getting on base is a BAD thing. It’s not his fault his support was abysmal. Soto was doing the same exact thing when the Nats were trash.

wRC+ ranks among qualified hitters

April - 94th wRC+
May - 10th wRC+
June - 18th wRC+
July - 9th wRC+
August - 3rd wRC+

From May to present: 3rd behind Judge and Soto. Jays were still around .500 throughout all of May and within striking distance of a WC spot. Vladdy was a large reason as to why they were still floating…

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Vladdy slap hitting singles in May is irrelevant when his overall stat line was still top 10 in MLB lol. Only Judge had a higher OBP that month. Please try to tell me how him getting on base is a BAD thing. It’s not his fault his support was abysmal. Soto was doing the same exact thing when the Nats were trash.

wRC+ ranks among qualified hitters

April - 94th wRC+
May - 10th wRC+
June - 18th wRC+
July - 9th wRC+
August - 3rd wRC+

From May to present: 3rd behind Judge and Soto. Jays were still around .500 throughout all of May and within striking distance of a WC spot. Vladdy was a large reason as to why they were still floating…

Swing fancy modern stats around, it doesnt mean shit. he stunk for 2.5 months, not hitting homers and not driving in runs.

Last I checked driving in big runs and hitting doubles is more important than hitting slap singles and talking walks.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Swing fancy modern stats around, it doesnt mean shit. he stunk for 2.5 months, not hitting homers and not driving in runs.

Last I checked driving in big runs and hitting doubles is more important than hitting slap singles and talking walks.
No...

That's like saying that eating 3 meals a day is more important than breathing.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

There’s nothing fancy or modern about getting on base. What he did in May was more akin to a deadball type display like Wagner, as opposed to a more Ruthian one from June-present…

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

It's almost like baseball players are prone to go cold for chunks of the season. Even the good ones!

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I think Springer would do much better batting 5th in the lineup. He's a bit older now and just saving him 40-50 at bats over the course of the season would help him. Also, Springer was doing great batting 5th-7th in the lineup and Horwitz was doing great batting lead off before John Schneider changed it.

Springer wrc+ by batting order spot:

springer.png

Reactions: Suntouchable13

horner

May 22, 2007
How is the new player that we traded for in the Kikuchi deal doing.
He was 0 for 4 yesterday.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Man, I’d really like Santander in the off season if Soto goes elsewhere.
Are you suggesting the Jays are gonna try for Soto?

No chance IMO, he's a Boras client and Boras got embarrassed last off season so he's gonna wanna make a statement with Soto.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Are you suggesting the Jays are gonna try for Soto?

No chance IMO, he's a Boras client and Boras got embarrassed last off season so he's gonna wanna make a statement with Soto.

They should be in on guys like that if they truly aspire to win a championship, as they claim.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Ya Santander would be a nice get.

Santander + Christian Walker

1. Horwitz
2. Guerrero
3. Santander
4. Walker
5. Springer
6. Bichette
7. Kirk
8. Varsho
9. Clement

Kind of sad when new quality additions are made to the lineup and they're put into the 3/4 slots. Shows how brutal of a season it's been hah. But I like the players you suggested. I enjoy Santander's game.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Boom Vladdy 2 run dinger!

Doubles and Dingers. thats the Vladdy we need to sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad