Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v5 |Mon, Jul 1 | vs Hou | 3:00pm ET/12:00pm PT | Brown vs Rodriguez

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
question since i don't watch anything including highlights (unfollowed social media coverage as well):

What is the attendance like? Is the stadium starting to look empty?
Not even a little bit. On the last homestand they averaged over 37000.

Reactions: fancy lad

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
question since i don't watch anything including highlights (unfollowed social media coverage as well):

What is the attendance like? Is the stadium starting to look empty?
I can't answer your question but a funny related story I heard on the radio a couple weeks ago is the jays bumped up their season ticket renewals deposits to before the trade deadline which has never been the case so I think that's pretty telling.

Reactions: fancy lad

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
Not even a little bit. On the last homestand they averaged over 37000.
wow. that's surprising.

I can't get behind this team enough to even check the scores (just read that they were on a losing streak today). I loved the jays since i was a kid in the 80s, but i'm taking a time out until they make some notable changes to the way this team is run.

Seems like those changes won't happen for a long time as long as people are keep going to the games.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
I'm sure a lot of those ticket sales were sold before the season started, like game packs and of course season tickets.

I'm sure the numbers will fall as the season drags into late summer and into september, with the team well out of it.

And you will definitely see it next season.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I'm sure a lot of those ticket sales were sold before the season started, like game packs and of course season tickets.

I'm sure the numbers will fall as the season drags into late summer and into september, with the team well out of it.

Yeah, I doubt it stays at 35,000+ all season, but the goal with the renovations was to make games feel more like an event than just a baseball game. I think the base-level attendance will be a lot higher than it used to be because people who are only casual baseball/Jays fans seem to want to go these days.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

Yep, buddy of mine has a split of season tickets and he's having a hell of a time even breaking even when he's trying to sell em. :laugh:

That said, if the prices drop I'm sure I'll check out another game or two this summer, just for the love of the game.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Attendance numbers won’t reflect the actual number of people in the stadium come August. A lot of these tickets were bought months ago. I have tickets for July that I got in April. I may not even go. I’m not watching this garbage and spending $20 on a beer and more on food…

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Yeah, I doubt it stays at 35,000+ all season, but the goal with the renovations was to make games feel more like an event than just a baseball game. I think the base-level attendance will be a lot higher than it used to be because people who are only casual baseball/Jays fans seem to want to go these days.
Yeah I dunno, you still gotta buy a ticket to get in right? The reno's are a novelty now, i'm sure it will wear off if the team stinks to high heaven and no changes are being made to the management that let it get to this state.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Yeah I dunno, you still gotta buy a ticket to get in right? The reno's are a novelty now, i'm sure it will wear off if the team stinks to high heaven and no changes are being made to the management that let it get to this state.
I'm sure it's a novelty to some extent, but it could also just be that being at a baseball game in a nice stadium is an enjoyable experience.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
If Bo is activated tomorrow, it should be something like:

2B Horwitz
1B Vlad
SS Bo
DH Turner
C Jansen
LF Schneider
RF Barger
3B IKF/Clement
CF Berroa

I wouldn't even be against IKF back in the leadoff spot again. But I feel pretty confident we'll get Berroa demoted and Barger on the bench and Kiermaier and Springer in their usual spots.
Ah, so Berroa demoted, Schneider on the bench, and Kiermaier and Springer in their usual spots. So close!

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
I dont want to be all doom and gloom, but I do hope that we pick a direction for the rest of this year, and that direction be that we sell off and reset/re-tool for next year.

Get assets for the UFA's, play Schneider, Horwitz, Barger and eventually Orelvis every day (kinda crazy Schneider isnt already playing every day). If we are gonna suck at least play the kids so there is more incentive to watch.

This year has been very very disappointing, but you can make the best of it by moving pieces and building the farm system through trades and setting yourself up for a very good draft pick next summer.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Orelvis is gonna be gone until late September... there will be a handful of games left when his suspension ends but I doubt he will deserve any playing time...

i would consider him written off for the rest of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad