Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v5 |Mon, Jul 1 | vs Hou | 3:00pm ET/12:00pm PT | Brown vs Rodriguez

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
This BS and I don’t know what we did as fans to deserve this. Houston has started just as bad as Toronto, but now they are sitting 2 games above .500. Toronto is gradually digging a bigger and bigger hole. Why can’t they go on a run like Houston? I can’t believe Shapiro is even thinking that Atkins is the guy for the job even for a retool.

• Haha
Reactions: trellaine201

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
This BS and I don’t know what we did as fans to deserve this. Houston has started just as bad as Toronto, but now they are sitting 2 games above .500. Toronto is gradually digging a bigger and bigger hole. Why can’t they go on a run like Houston? I can’t believe Shapiro is even thinking that Atkins is the guy for the job even for a retool.
Well for one, our "Altuve" has a 77 OPS+ and negative WAR nearly halfway through the season.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Last season the offense declined. This year it has declined a lot. Comparing this year to 2022 is quite substantial. There have been no changes either which is bizarre. At a bare minimum, a change in hitting coaches should have happened by now. Just by reading a few Jays reporters, it seems the team is so entrenched in their 'way' that there's unlikely to be changes made.

Reactions: HockeyThoughts

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
How can you expect to win or get back into the wild card race with hitters like this.....

Last 15 games:

Varsho 6 for 53 BA .113
D Schneider 6 for 42 BA .143
Kiermaier 5 for 33 BA .152
Kirk 6 for 40 BA .150
Bichette 12 for 57 BA .211
Barger 8 for 46 BA .174
Jansen 6 for 46 BA .130

Couple this with one of the worst bullpens, and we're not getting back in this.

FIRE ATKINS ASAP!

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie

Biggest reason they can't go on a run like Houston is, we aren't half as good as Houston is or was. Bloated contracts on a team that is basically dead in the water in one of the most important seasons for the franchise in decades.

The good news is I can wait until next year to attend a game and say farewell to Vlad and Bo, you know this management team doesn't have the balls to do anything of significance in a timely manner.

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Remember everyone telling me Varsho this and Varsho that. Varsho f***ing sucks
You can't deny that he almost singlehandedly carried the offense for the first couple months, driving in runs and hitting in big homers, while virtually NOBODY ELSE did. Yes, Vladdy has since woken up in the home run hitting department to pass Varsho, but you can't take away what he did in the first two months of the season.

They held onto offensive passengers like Vogelbach & Biggio for far too long before moving on, same with completely ineffective relievers like Mayza or Swanson, who is still in the minors I guess.

I think his outfield defense will more than cover his hitting deficiencies when he eventually becomes the full time CF once Kiermaier is gone either at the trade deadline or after his contract runs out at the end of the year.

The problem the Jays have is they need to have production from the LF & RF positions, something they haven't had this year when he isn't playing in LF because KK is there.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
You can't deny that he almost singlehandedly carried the offense for the first couple months, driving in runs and hitting in big homers, while virtually NOBODY ELSE did. Yes, Vladdy has since woken up in the home run hitting department to pass Varsho, but you can't take away what he did in the first two months of the season.

They held onto offensive passengers like Vogelbach & Biggio for far too long before moving on, same with completely ineffective relievers like Mayza or Swanson, who is still in the minors I guess.

I think his outfield defense will more than cover his hitting deficiencies when he eventually becomes the full time CF once Kiermaier is gone either at the trade deadline or after his contract runs out at the end of the year.

The problem the Jays have is they need to have production from the LF & RF positions, something they haven't had this year when he isn't playing in LF because KK is there.
You can't have two offensive black holes, three if you count Springer before his recent surge, in the outfield and expect to have good offensive output. I agree if it's only Varsho we can put up with his poor offensive stats because he plays great defence. But he's never going to be a consistent hitter.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
You can't have two offensive black holes, three if you count Springer before his recent surge, in the outfield and expect to have good offensive output. I agree if it's only Varsho we can put up with his poor offensive stats because he plays great defence. But he's never going to be a consistent hitter.
Springer is a STUD.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Man, Bichette looks lost at the plate. But Fatty scored on a wild pitch from 3rd at least!

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Remember everyone telling me Varsho this and Varsho that. Varsho f***ing sucks

That trade certainly helped cripple this shit franchise.
It looked like Varshos bay had come back to life but he’s cooled off heavily. With that said he’s far far far from sucking and that trade in no way has crippled us

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad