Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v5 |Thu, Jun 27 | vs NYY | 7pm ET/4pm PT | Rodon vs Berrios

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Davis starts to struggle he doesn't play as much and hits lower in the order while Springer has played shit all year and continues to play and hits in the middle of the order.

The double standard with the rookies and vets is the biggest annoyance this season.
Does Schneider have the final say on the lineup choices or does he get told on how to setup the lineups. Whoever is making the final decision it needs to change, as Springer shouldn't be hitting higher than 8th in the lineup when he and Kiermaier are both in the lineup. Also, Davis hit a homerun yesterday and is hitting 8th is truly baffling.

Horwitz goes deep for his 1st of the season

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Does Schneider have the final say on the lineup choices or does he get told on how to setup the lineups. Whoever is making the final decision it needs to change, as Springer shouldn't be hitting higher than 8th in the lineup when he and Kiermaier are both in the lineup. Also, Davis hit a homerun yesterday and is hitting 8th is truly baffling.
I have no issue with Schneider being moved down - he's struggled lately, and he shouldn't be at the top right now. It's just stupid that those standards don't apply to Springer and Turner.

Every bit of evidence suggests Schneider has final say, despite what some people want to believe.

Reactions: canucksfan

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site

Horwitz goes deep for his 1st of the season
I would assume Schneider has the final say. I think the Jays believe in order to make the playoffs the veterans need to come through. As a result, they have to play them often.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
This is the danger in signing older players to long term deals. Most, if not everyone, blew their load when they signed Springer, now the pitchforks come out. It’s easy to say just DFA the guy when they still owe him $50 million.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
This is the danger in signing older players to long term deals. Most, if not everyone, blew their load when they signed Springer, now the pitchforks come out. It’s easy to say just DFA the guy when they still owe him $50 million.

Most people probably knew the Springer contract was ending badly. I just think that they probably didn't expect it would end this badly quite this soon and quite so quickly.

He was on the wrong side of 30 when he signed and had known durability issues but I feel like the belief would probably be that it would be a slow slide for a couple of years into the abyss with him maybe being a bench guy by the end and then they would have to maybe eat the last year of the contract when he bottoms out. Nobody expected that he would go from being great in 2022 to basically being unplayable right off the hop in 2024

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Most people probably knew the Springer contract was ending badly. I just think that they probably didn't expect it would end this badly quite this soon and quite so quickly.

He was on the wrong side of 30 when he signed and had known durability issues but I feel like the belief would probably be that it would be a slow slide for a couple of years into the abyss with him maybe being a bench guy by the end and then they would have to maybe eat the last year of the contract when he bottoms out. Nobody expected that he would go from being great in 2022 to basically being unplayable right off the hop in 2024

I hated the Springer signing and this has been about what I expected to happen - a year or two in CF, then to become a declining, old, hugely overpaid corner OF - but the extent of the drop-off this year is beyond anything I could have imagined. I expected we’d see a few years of 2 WAR 100 OPS+ seasons before cratering.

… and the shitkicking is on.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Whoever is coming up with their plan for pitching to Kwan should be fired out of a cannon. This makes it look like they have Ryan Mountcastle in their back pocket.

Is it just me, or does Horwitz look solid at second?

Another nice play there. Yeah, he looks like the long-term 2B.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Just saw the box score. Please tell me Kikuchi just had a rough outing and wasn’t pulled cause he’s hurt. Our best trade chips need to be healthy at the deadline

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
The only reason to watch games right now Horwitz.

But after seeing the Buffalo guys be the only guys that can hit aside from Guerrero, they plan on using Berroa for ‘pinch running only’ because god forbid he takes some ABs away from Kiermaier and Springer.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Just saw the box score. Please tell me Kikuchi just had a rough outing and wasn’t pulled cause he’s hurt. Our best trade chips need to be healthy at the deadline
He had a rough outing and the count was 2 and 2 on a batter and then the game was stopped because of the rain. He didn't come back out but it was probably going to be his last batter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad