Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v4 |Sat, Jun 15 | vs CLE | 3pm ET/12pm PT | Carrasco vs TBD

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
Worst Jays offense I've ever seen. Difficult to fix it, which just compounds the issue.

jiggy35

Jun 26, 2012
Just seems obvious to not have a 37yo on a cold streak hitting 2nd when we need guys to leg out every run possible…

Schneider/Varsho
Bichette
Guerrero
Jansen/Kirk
Schneider/Varsho
Whatever

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Just seems obvious to not have a 37yo on a cold streak hitting 2nd when we need guys to leg out every run possible…

Schneider/Varsho
Bichette
Guerrero
Jansen/Kirk
Schneider/Varsho
Whatever
39 years old

In was in favor of signing Turner but it was always a huge risk to bet on him. The closer an athlete gets to 40 the more chances there is that he hits a wall due to his body falling apart.

Reactions: jiggy35

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Worst Jays offense I've ever seen. Difficult to fix it, which just compounds the issue.
They should listen to offers on vets and bring up kids. When you have a group of vets not good enough the solution is just to field kids and hope for the best. Try to trade anyone close to 30 and up (outside of Jansen) and bring up Barger, Horwitz and Jiminez.

Reactions: klmdg and Puckstuff

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
I just dont want Atkins who created this offensive debacle be in charge of trading players away and potentially get squat.

They got squat for Stroman, they got squat for Happ, they got squat for Donaldson last time around.

can't let him do that again.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I just dont want Atkins who created this offensive debacle be in charge of trading players away and potentially get squat.

They got squat for Stroman, they got squat for Happ, they got squat for Donaldson last time around.

can't let him do that again.

Indirectly they got Berrios for Stroman since Woods Richardson was probably the key(ish) piece of the Stroman deal and then he got flipped with Martin to the Twins for Berrios.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Batting Turner 2nd the way he’s hitting this month was dumb dumb dumb and now he’s come up 3 times with RISP and had 3 lousy ABs. Argh.
Wait are you saying are manager did a terrible job? I couldn’t imagine

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
They should listen to offers on vets and bring up kids. When you have a group of vets not good enough the solution is just to field kids and hope for the best. Try to trade anyone close to 30 and up (outside of Jansen) and bring up Barger, Horwitz and Jiminez.
Jansen is a free agent in the off season. If they don’t re up him pre deadline you 100% trade home.

Not to worry though we are going against the garbage teams so we’ll make up a bunch of that ground

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
So the Jays are 4-9 in 1 run games.

It's frustrating because I feel they're pretty close in a lot of these games. I can't help but feel if we just got one big bat in the offseason perhaps they are 9-4 in those 1 run games and in a playoff spot. Even just signing a better DH then Turner probably gets us an extra 2-3 wins.

LandfiII

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
So the Jays are 4-9 in 1 run games.

It's frustrating because I feel they're pretty close in a lot of these games. I can't help but feel if we just got one big bat in the offseason perhaps they are 9-4 in those 1 run games and in a playoff spot. Even just signing a better DH then Turner probably gets us an extra 2-3 wins.
Bad team getting bad results. Shock ensues.

horner

May 22, 2007
Time for a change management and players
To best trade options
Bo and Vladdy
What can they expect to get for them

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
This is proving to be one of the worst run organizations in sports. f*** up after f*** up from trades to free agents to managers to drafting.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
So Atkins, you've had a chance to play some mediocre to poor teams, and the inconsistent to nonexistent offence has continued. Do you still have faith in this offence and manager? Asking for a friend.

They're just so unenjoyable to watch. If you're going to lose so often just give me some more home runs.
I hate to admit this, but the immature team a few years ago with all the hi-jinx in the dugout was a helluva lot more fun to watch.

Reactions: LaP

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Can't believe we are still rocking Vogelbach as a replacement DH. It's not like he's a kid improving or a solid vet in a slump. I mean i'm pretty sure there's better options in AAA. Horwitz is 26 he doesn't have anything left to learn from AAA.
The fact that he’s still on the team is a clear indicator that they just have no idea what to do anymore.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Wors then awful. Downright disgraceful

This team and franchise is f***ing trash. I’m done with them for a while.

blow it up loser

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad