Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v4 |Mon, Jun 17 | vs BOS | 7pm ET/4pm PT | Pivetta vs Kikuchi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Statistically the player is more likely to move the players along with a bunt vs free swinging, even great hitters fail 7 out of 10 times... every hitting metric in the world says runners at 2nd and 3rd are more likely to score than runners at 1st and 2nd. So yes every stat related to situational hitting says that bunting was the right choice. If it was a call that made sense that is a different debate.

Google is a wonderful tool to support actual evidence :D ... feel free to do a search.
Before even factoring in the quality of the hitters involved, the run expectancy with runners on 1st and 2nd and none out is higher than with runners on 2nd and 3rd with one out. This was NOT an analytics move. Not even close.

Reactions: The Nemesis

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Jays fans are trash. Should have been booong after that embarrassment. Why the f is Springer hitting 5th. This team is so easy to hate

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
What a smash by Varsho. I fully expect Varsho, Horwitz, and Clement to be benched next game because of this

Add Barger to the list

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
"i got you bro, i know you dont hit homers anymore... here's my 2nd slam of the season".

Vlad's in kind of a crap position to get grand slams given that he's spent most of the season batting 2nd or 3rd which means if he's coming up it's behind the bottom of the order and, for the first part of the season, Springer. He still does need to pick up his HR pace but his ISO for June is the highest he's had this year so maybe he's rounding into form?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I would go with most nights.

Horwitz
Vladdy
Jansen
Davis
Varsho
Bo
Barger
IFK
Clement
Not a big fan of Clement personally. He's a good cheap bench player but he should not be in the lineup most nights. I'd try to find a position for either Jimenez or Martinez personally. Jays needs to know what they have with those AAA players before next season. Big decisions will have to be made next winter and you got to know what you have in your hands imo.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Not a big fan of Clement personally. He's a good cheap bench player but he should not be in the lineup most nights. I'd try to find a position for either Jimenez or Martinez personally. Jays needs to know what they have with those AAA players before next season. Big decisions will have to be made next winter and you got to know what you have in your hands imo.
After this game, Clement has a 100 wRC. I am not sure if Jiminez or Martinez could do that.

Reactions: MS and Discoverer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad