Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v4 |Sat, Jun 15 | vs CLE | 3pm ET/12pm PT | Carrasco vs TBD

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
continue from the previous thread.

Remember that this is a 4-game series. The Saturday game is at 1pm ET/10am PT and then the Sunday game is streamed through Roku in the US (it doesn't effect anything for us, Sportsnet will still carry it as usual) which means an earlier-than-normal start time of 11:30am ET/8:30am PT.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I have yet to see a "city connect" uni that isn't either a) awful or b) far too similar to the regular jersey to be worth it. So to say my expectations are low for the Jays' reveal next week would be an understatement.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
I wanna lay into Vladdy for that, but I can't. He was fine there, just the throw beat him
I thought I saw him try to accelerate when he was nearing home plate, thats why I thought he lollygagged as he passed 3rd.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
I keep wondering why the scoreboard says Detroit when they are playing KC.

Why create a jersey whose colors have nothing to do with the team?

Reactions: MS

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I have yet to see a "city connect" uni that isn't either a) awful or b) far too similar to the regular jersey to be worth it. So to say my expectations are low for the Jays' reveal next week would be an understatement.
I thought Washington's was pretty cool. They're mostly just so, so bad though. I feel pretty confident I'm going to hate whatever the Jays come up with.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
The Detroit one isnt half bad. The Padres ones was hilariously bad. I really haven't paid attention to the others.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
The Detroit one isnt half bad. The Padres ones was hilariously bad. I really haven't paid attention to the others.

I appreciate the idea of the colors on the Padres one and how it ties to the colorful Mexican art of the region, but they don't work together well enough.

Meanwhile one of the newer ones that made me groan was the Cardinals' one. It's just their regular red jersey except it says "The Lou" instead of "St. Louis" across the front. Same script and everything, just a different name.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
The fact that the Tigers' caps says "Detroit" across the whole front seems dumb. It's not the same but it reminds me of that Devils alternate that is just black and says "Jersey" on the front. But at least those gave us the meme-tastic "Cap" cap.

Reactions: HockeyThoughts

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Nah I don’t get the slander on the Padres one, I like it.

The Rockies, Mariners, and Angels are good too.

If the Padres' one was just that mint green and yellow I'd like it. But I don't like the green/yellow/pink combo. It reminds me too much of what the Marlins tried to do for a few years where it was like their color palette was "all the colors".

Reactions: HockeyThoughts

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Manoah loads the bases with no out in 4th. lets see how he does.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
That isnt the first time Varsho & KK have either collided or came close. They dont work well together when there is a close play.

That didn't hit him!!! that side view showed it bounced in front of his foot.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I put that on Kiermaier. I know the CF has priority, but Varsho was calling it and had the better line and Kiermaier pulled up at the end.

Yeah, generally the CF has priority but when it's a routine fly ball that the best defensive OF in baseball is jogging to and calling for and Kiermaier does a massive 100-foot sprint to get in the way ... that's on Kiermaier. That was a routine play for the LF that he overdid it to muck it.

To me the 'CF gets priority' thing is on 50/50 balls, not a 90/10 ball to the LF that the CF would have to make an incredible effort to get to.

Big k there huge if we can get out of here only down 3.

Damn that looked like Varsho mis judged it but got lucky.

I suspect that's one of those plays that will come out as getting caught like 15% of the time. That was absolutely scorched.

Reactions: Killer Orcas

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Jays making another 6.75 ERA pitcher look like Cy Young.

This offense lately is either 9 runs or 0 runs. lol.

Reactions: trellaine201

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
LOL where was this earlier in the game... they had to wait to 2 out in the 9th.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Jays making another 6.75 ERA pitcher look like Cy Young.

This offense lately is either 9 runs or 0 runs. lol.

Maeda isn't a bad pitcher though. And like the Jays offence, it's either a blowup or a shutout for him so far this year lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad