GDT: 2024 UFL Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Some people saying the attendance isn’t good, but I think that’s pretty in-line with what you’d expect for a high level minor league sport. St. Louis is an outlier, but that’s a good thing, and not something that makes anyone else look bad. The question becomes whether or not they’re worth the stadiums they’re running.

Babe Ruth

Looks wise.. I'm a solid 8.5
Feb 2, 2016
Some people saying the attendance isn’t good, but I think that’s pretty in-line with what you’d expect for a high level minor league sport. St. Louis is an outlier, but that’s a good thing, and not something that makes anyone else look bad. The question becomes whether or not they’re worth the stadiums they’re running.
It's also a little different paradigm now.. the spring leagues are effectively made-for-TV leagues. Because of their well designed tv contracts, they don't really need in-person ticket sales. It's not a good look to have empty stands, buy their financial model doesn't rely on ticket revenue (as I understand it).

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
The bigger concern at least to me would be that it's declined for most teams since last season, but not enough of one to where I'd question the stability of the league. Though it may inspire them to move some markets around before next season and I don't know that they'll expand from 8 quite yet.

Babe Ruth

Looks wise.. I'm a solid 8.5
Feb 2, 2016
Birmingham beats Michigan, will play in the Championship for the third straight year
Yup.. good comeback. Solid game for their backup QB (Corral). And I thought there was a good commentator conversation about who will be Birmingham's starter in the title game.
I'd stay with Corral, but..

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The bigger concern at least to me would be that it's declined for most teams since last season, but not enough of one to where I'd question the stability of the league. Though it may inspire them to move some markets around before next season and I don't know that they'll expand from 8 quite yet.
It all comes down to what kind of fee gets paid to run the stadium vs. the stadium being dark on a weekend.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
After losing to them twice during the regular season, the Brahmas finally get a win against the Battlehawks and will face the Stallions in the Championship game. Stallions at 9-1, suffered their only loss against the Brahmas. Should be a great game, looking forward to it

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Helps that they moved up the schedule, and they're not going to do the championship on 4th of July weekend. Both are good moves obviously.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Helps that they moved up the schedule, and they're not going to do the championship on 4th of July weekend. Both are good moves obviously.
Impressive number for the XFL game in particular considering the NBA Finals were on at the same time

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
1718571121510.png

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Birmingham has this won, it's 25-0 with 2 minutes left. 3 out of 3 championships

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Missed the game celebrating Father’s Day with my dad, not surprised Birmingham won in dominant fashion though. Great season overall

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad