GDT: 2024 Training/Rookie Camp/Preseason Discussion

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
That's a shame. I really liked the amazon doc but felt, like most media on our cup run, that it was heavily tilted to the Oilers. I was hoping for a good ESPN doc to give us something from our perspective...

I'll keep an eye out for it though: not sure when I'll be able to watch it from the UK though so waiting for some nice person to upload it to youtube!
I just checked and its on youtube now apparently lol

use a vpn if its not available for you

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
The math works out so when Nosek is back Panthers can waive Entwistle and bring back Knight.

Giles not making it is the real shame here…

Guy did everything to make it. Samo has barely it the ice and gets his spot fresh… Vilmanis going down…

Driedger the backup ? Happy for Knight to get starts, but to me, the kid earned the job in camp…

Really don’t like those last few decisions.

Reactions: Great8Cam

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Giles not making it is the real shame here…

Guy did everything to make it. Samo has barely it the ice and gets his spot fresh… Vilmanis going down…

Driedger the backup ? Happy for Knight to get starts, but to me, the kid earned the job in camp…

Really don’t like those last few decisions.
Believe Knight is a money issue. Probably get him warmed up in the A and then he’ll be right back up.

Reactions: BabyBennettov

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Believe Knight is a money issue. Probably get him warmed up in the A and then he’ll be right back up.

Still don’t like the messages you sent to Giles, Vilmanis and Knight…

Sourdif and Samo were giftwrapped spots last year… Same again this year for Mackie !

We have the core and the organizational-depth to take our time with our kids now… But it should still be a meritocracy, and those three kids have earned their spots on opening-day roster !

Send them back quickly if they don’t grab their spots and run with it in the first three games, I don’t care… From everything we’ve heard and seen of camps… That trio should have made it.

Not rewarding your hungry kids in our position could come back to bite us in the ass… We are amazing at giving guys the opportunity they need, but we can’t give our kids the one they deserve. Not good management going forward in the grand-scheme of things…

Great8Cam

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2008
Sourdif is hurt, but once he gets healthy he must be sent down.
He is not an NHL level player. He looked lost in the first preseason game.

Entwistle sucks as well. I don’t get why he is still on the team.

I would think that they have to LTIR Sourdif and Nosek, because there are 25 guys, including Knight.

Knight earned a spot on the roster. Drieger did not.

Reactions: BabyBennettov

Ad

Ad

Ad