GDT: 2024 Training/Rookie Camp/Preseason Discussion

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
You knew they were close.. but damn

View attachment 912634

30d2c99574efea7f.jpg

There's nothing that these guys wouldn't do for each other. I'm jealous.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Has anyone found where the Scripps app is? Thankfully the games aren’t on Bally anymore.

I’m trying to get it ready so I’m not scrambling for the 2nd game since I think the first game is on ESPN.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
He's good offensively but suspect defensively, at least from what I saw in Ottawa. I wouldn't mind the signing but I can see other teams willing to throw more money at him.

Chychrun is the kind of guy that bad organizations love to throw money at because they think having a defenseman score +15 points or whatever over the last guy they had is suddenly going to make them competitive.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
Seems to be underrating ERod and Lundell's and Luostarinen's defense. Those two are the best defensive forwards on the team after Barkov and Lundy already is mini Barkov with how disruptive he is. The fourth line remains to be seen but top bottom four of the defense seems also underrated defensively.
ERod and Luostarinen both have high defensive rating there. Model is not sold on Lundell because he broke out in the playoffs

Reactions: TotalHomer

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Does Zito want to give Benny an eight year deal? Which it probably has to be if we want to keep him.

Can't see Ek taking something like 4.5... also I can't see Zito giving him what he's getting right now after Forsling took a paycut. Tough choices,

I think he will to keep Benny. It'll hurt the last half of the deal, but it extends our window for several years as all our big guns are in their prime.

I think Ek realizes Forsling is better than him. I think he also said in an interview this summer he's made plenty of money in his career, he just wants that feeling of winning again.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I have no idea what's going to happen with Ekblad. I think if he is willing to take a steep 'I want to win' discount, he will be back. Otherwise, I just can't see it with the team's cap situation and his injury history.

It's basically all up to him, IMO.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
I have no idea what's going to happen with Ekblad. I think if he is willing to take a steep 'I want to win' discount, he will be back. Otherwise, I just can't see it with the team's cap situation and his injury history.

It's basically all up to him, IMO.
Just like Bennett, some team like Ottawa or Detroit will offer him way too much for what he is. If they want to stay it's going to be for cheap. Not sure why they would stay for cheap. They have their cup. If someone is willing to match Ek's 7M~ salary then he should just go take it. dumb not to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad