2024 Training Camp Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
I think Zach continues to grow as a leader. His responses, while a bit bland at times, are well put together and he's got more charisma now. Seems more confident.

Poor Monahan though, man. Putting him next to Johnny, "I get that memory every day" didn't sound positive but maybe I'm reading too much into it, and maybe it's either by request or cleared with him beforehand - that would be the way to do it, so I hope he's ok with it.

Somebody said earlier that if we have a good start then things can get rolling. Bad start, well, might be even more devastating than normally.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I loved Evason's idea to semi-randomize player stalls in the locker room. I do randomized groups in some of my classes to get students to make new connections, it really makes for a better room. Taking the individual photos down and replacing them with photos of multiple teammates is also a great idea. Keep the focus on team issues. When our players are stressing primarily about themselves is when the locker room gets hurt.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Voronkov is probably not 240, probably not since early last Fall. I think they're just re-listing him at his camp weight a year ago, because it's a nice big number and gives him a bit of a marquee.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Wait.

Were his initial numbers inflated, or did Jiricek LOSE weight? Everything has him listed at 207/209...
It looks like a lot of AHL guys from last year have "lost weight".... Jiricek, Mateychuk, Svozil, LDBB, Pyyhtia...

I don't know what to believe so I'll wait until we see them in action. Preseason games are a better measuring stick for their physical development anyway.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I can't remember which scout said it, but the line was "the draft combine is the first and last accurate measurement taken in a player's career".
and even then dudes can manipulate weight either direction incredibly easy. If they ever actually cared enough to want the true number it would be an ongoing thing

Reactions: CBJx614

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I can't remember which scout said it, but the line was "the draft combine is the first and last accurate measurement taken in a player's career".
Fortunately we get to determine a players weight by watching games and maybe the occasional IG workout vid. Not to mention their fitness, muscle mass, body fat, blood pressure, PSA, credit score, MPG, and Yelp rating.

Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Fortunately we get to determine a players weight by watching games and maybe the occasional IG workout vid. Not to mention their fitness, muscle mass, body fat, blood pressure, PSA, credit score, MPG, and Yelp rating.
I know you joke but those 1st 3 things you kinda can :laugh:

Those Instagram video's actually have me impressed by Voronkov's conditioning. Maybe not his leg development but that's alright

Reactions: CBJx614

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Who will make the sweet passes to Monahan as he drives the slot?
download (3).jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad