2024 Training Camp Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DankoCBJ

Feb 19, 2022
"Trying to see if there´s some situations around the league where younger players that could become available as they work through their own roster issues to get complaint by opening night" -Chris Johnston

Hmm, is he talking about for example Nick Robertson (23y LW) from Toronto who is still on trade block and Toronto needs to make room if they want to sign Pacioretty and Lorentz?

Or Arthur Kaliyev (23y RW) from LA who still prefers a trade and might be the odd man out of the Kings roster?

Or maybe Philip Tomasino (23y C) and still RFA from Nashville who might not fit under the cap because NSH went all in on free agency?

Surely not Cole Perfetti (22y C) from Winnipeg who is still an RFA? Jets have room for him and they want to keep him, but negotiations haven't progressed.

CalBuckeyeRob

Feb 25, 2012
"Trying to see if there´s some situations around the league where younger players that could become available as they work through their own roster issues to get complaint by opening night" -Chris Johnston

Hmm, is he talking about for example Nick Robertson (23y LW) from Toronto who is still on trade block and Toronto needs to make room if they want to sign Pacioretty and Lorentz?

Or Arthur Kaliyev (23y RW) from LA who still prefers a trade and might be the odd man out of the Kings roster?

Or maybe Philip Tomasino (23y C) and still RFA from Nashville who might not fit under the cap because NSH went all in on free agency?

Surely not Cole Perfetti (22y C) from Winnipeg who is still an RFA? Jets have room for him and they want to keep him, but negotiations haven't progressed.
"Younger players" could mean guys closer to 30 since the vets they have been often linked to are more in the 35 range.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011

Thanks for some ideas.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
So I do not recall ever being off work for media day... Does anyone know if they ever do the live videos like on Youtube? Or just be patient until they post them on the website and follow the snippets posted to twitter?

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
So I do not recall ever being off work for media day... Does anyone know if they ever do the live videos like on Youtube? Or just be patient until they post them on the website and follow the snippets posted to twitter?
They used to do it live. Don’t think that’s in the cards this time as they didn’t even announce that today was media day.

Edit

Last edited:

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Reactions: Viqsi and Monk

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
I can't help but feel that Monohan is feeling tortured by these questions... He's very measured but wish the questions would allow him more freedom to answer instead of directing him to Johnny constantly
Whoever decided to put Marchenko next to him is a genius, but putting him next to Johnny's empty stall seems expecially cruel.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137

Whoever decided to put Marchenko next to him is a genius, but putting him next to Johnny's empty stall seems expecially cruel.
For all we know he could have asked for it. By all accounts he was one of his best friends, I know if that was me I would want to be the one next to my best friend.

Reactions: Monk and Viqsi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad