2024 Training Camp Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Don't see us making any moves then, at least not until something that really makes sense comes along. Let the kids go to work and see if any of them seize the opportunity

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I prefer Svozil over Harris. Also J. Johnson can be more I portant for young guys.

Tarasov

Werenski, Severson
Provorov, Gudbranson
Svozil, D. Jiříček
J. Johnson

K. Johnson - Monahan - Chinakhov
Voronkov - Fantilli - Marchenko
Jenner - Sillinger - Danforth/Brindley
Malatesta/Pyyhtia/Danforth - Kuraly - Olivier

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Voronkov/Fantilli - Jenner - Chinakhov

Fantilli/KJ - Monahan - Marchenko

Johnson/Sillinger - Voronkov/Fantilli - Brindley

Olivier/Sillinger - McKown - Malatesta/Danforth

Kuraly

Mateychuk - Werenski

Provorov - Severson

Harris/JJ - Gudbranson

Jiricek

Greaves/Tarasov

Last edited:
Reactions: puckgoalnet

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
I prefer Svozil over Harris. Also J. Johnson can be more I portant for young guys.

Tarasov

Werenski, Severson
Provorov, Gudbranson
Svozil, D. Jiříček
J. Johnson

I don’t think they traded for Harris just to lose him on waivers.

CannonFire1

Jun 22, 2023

Tarasov

Werenski, Severson
Provorov, Gudbranson
Svozil, D. Jiříček
J. Johnson

Barring injury, I don't see any way Harris isn't on the opening night roster.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
I still think there will be a move or two before camp (whether that be a trade, signing, PTO, what have you) but outside of that here’s what I have for now

KJ-Monahan-Marchenko
Jenner-Fantilli-Brindley
Voronkov-Sillinger-Chinakhov
Olivier-Kuraly-Danforth
Gambrell

Could also see Malatesta make it rather than Gambrell.

Tried to mix a bit of size and speed. Each line has a smaller guy flanked with a bigger guy. Although on line 1 nobody plays big.

Werenski-Severson
Provorov-Gudbranson
Harris-Jiricek
Johnson
Here are the lines I posted in the offseason thread prior to knowing the Danforth injury news

KJ-Monahan-Marchenko
Jenner-Fantilli-Brindley
Malatesta-Kuraly-Olivier
Gambrell

IR: danforth

D same as above.

I still think they bring in a forward or two. There is a desperate need for depth.

I’m all in favor of adding JVR and Kevin Labanc to one year deals. JVR is a seasoned veteran and could add fine secondary scoring. Labanc is a prime bounce back candidate.

KJ-Monahan-Marchenko
Jenner-Fantilli-JVR
Labanc-Kuraly-Olivier/Danforth (when healthy)

Allows Brindley and Malatesta more time for seasoning and both can come up at the deadline when we sell of Labanc, JVR, and others.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Here are the lines I posted in the offseason thread prior to knowing the Danforth injury news

KJ-Monahan-Marchenko
Jenner-Fantilli-Brindley
Malatesta-Kuraly-Olivier
Gambrell

IR: danforth

D same as above.

I still think they bring in a forward or two. There is a desperate need for depth.

I’m all in favor of adding JVR and Kevin Labanc to one year deals. JVR is a seasoned veteran and could add fine secondary scoring. Labanc is a prime bounce back candidate.

KJ-Monahan-Marchenko
Jenner-Fantilli-JVR
Labanc-Kuraly-Olivier/Danforth (when healthy)

Allows Brindley and Malatesta more time for seasoning and both can come up at the deadline when we sell of Labanc, JVR, and others.

Adding a pure finisher who sucks at everything else just makes us a worse team. I'd rather give Evason a ham and egger who can lock down defensive shifts and protect leads.

That's directed at Labanc, who doesn't appear to be NHL caliber.

JVR I'm listening on, he is coming off a good season. But in a sheltered 5v5 role, and I'd personally rather give the netfront PP roles to Voronkov, Marchenko, and Jenner. But I'm listening.

Personally I'd like us to sign Okposo - he'll probably need extra coaxing to pass on a contender run.

A Jets fan suggested we take on Iafallo, who is overpaid at $4m x 1, but would be a solid add for us.

Pretty sure I saw videos of Lindstrom skating at dev camp.

He did and then they shut him down again.

Reactions: LJ7

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
...I prefer Svozil over Harris...
Svozil played a whopping two games in the NHL and that was two seasons ago and you have him above Harris? I feel confident in quoting the Dread Pirate Roberts here:

6f5e7af0325624bcedeb4f0741265c2b9d2c0d5efa97884171858e30db8f3abc.jpg

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Svozil played a whopping two games in the NHL and that was two seasons ago and you have him above Harris? I feel confident in quoting the Dread Pirate Roberts here:

View attachment 907065
If Svozil would be, in Montreal, he would play in the NHL more. But our coaches preferred more experienced players and let youngs to play much time in the AHL. Remember who played.... Christiansen, Bayreuther, Berni, Sweeney, Björk etc.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
I’m wondering if there will be the open portion of the camp with intra-squad tournament this year or not. New coach and team circumstances and such contributing

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Adding a pure finisher who sucks at everything else just makes us a worse team. I'd rather give Evason a ham and egger who can lock down defensive shifts and protect leads.

That's directed at Labanc, who doesn't appear to be NHL caliber.

JVR I'm listening on, he is coming off a good season. But in a sheltered 5v5 role, and I'd personally rather give the netfront PP roles to Voronkov, Marchenko, and Jenner. But I'm listening.

Personally I'd like us to sign Okposo - he'll probably need extra coaxing to pass on a contender run.

A Jets fan suggested we take on Iafallo, who is overpaid at $4m x 1, but would be a solid add for us.

He did and then they shut him down again.
Perfectly fine with Okposo over Labanc. I was honestly just looking for a buy low reclamation project and he’s had a decent career prior to the insane drop off he had in San Jose.

My concern with Okposo (and JVR) is both have had long careers of being on terrible teams, and maybe aren’t keen on playing again unless it’s for a contender. If that’s the case, I have no idea where to go next

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Perfectly fine with Okposo over Labanc. I was honestly just looking for a buy low reclamation project and he’s had a decent career prior to the insane drop off he had in San Jose.

My concern with Okposo (and JVR) is both have had long careers of being on terrible teams, and maybe aren’t keen on playing again unless it’s for a contender. If that’s the case, I have no idea where to go next
At least Okposo won the Cup with Panthers last season. He crossed that off his list. Maybe he's willing to sign with Columbus if that's the only offer(or highest offer). Plus it can be like last season. Potentially gets traded to a contender at the trade deadline.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Even if that were to be true, he’s on an ELC. There’s no risk or negative to him going back to Cleveland. He would have to have an absolutely exceptional camp to jump not only Harris, but Christiansen, Johnson, and Mateychuk too.
I think Mateychuk will play part of the season in the AHL. U. Johnson is a veteran, but I am sure he is better than Christiansen and Harris. And doubt Christiansen is worse than Harris.

I am afraid, Kňažko is worse then they now. If Samuel will not improve his play, he will be either traded or will not resigned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad