2024 Training Camp Roster & Schedule

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
But for the first 15 of those games Walman was injured and the other possible partners would have been Hagg or Oesterle. You can't wrap your filet with bacon if you only have kidney, liver and lung.
It doesn't need to be bacon. After a handful of games, yes one of those other options should have been tried. Or f*** it, call up Ed who was in GR. But coach stuck with that pairing until Olli got sick and he was forced to shuffle pairings anyway. Like not playing Lyon last season until he had a back to back situation and one of the other goalies was literally not on the right continent. Or not realizing that the NHL allows timeouts. Coach is unwilling or unable to step in and coach if something isn't working. He can't do anything if he doesn't have a full practice.

Forsbergaura21

Jul 20, 2024
So are the Wings really planning to go with 3 goalies this whole season?

Or do you expect one of them to be waived or traded eventually? If so who?

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
So are the Wings really planning to go with 3 goalies this whole season?

Or do you expect one of them to be waived or traded eventually? If so who?
I think they will go with three goalies. If anyone is waived, it's Husso. If Lyon or Talbot are waived, they would be picked up.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I think they will go with three goalies. If anyone is waived, it's Husso. If Lyon or Talbot are waived, they would be picked up.
I have to think Talbot is the last guy moved. It makes so much sense for him to be here next year and splitting time with Cossa while Lyon and Husso walks.

This year, I just expect one of them to get hurt. Probably Husso.

Reactions: lilidk

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
My take on the goalie situation is that the Wings ultimately not end up sticking with 3 this season.

The major factor in the Wings going with 3 last year (aside from the inconsistencies and early injury) was not wanting to have to dip into GR for a goalie, if needed. They wanted Cossa to get a significant workload in his first full season in the AHL, concentrate on developing, and not worry about getting called up. And Hutchison, while fine in the AHL, is not a viable NHL option. So, the Wings' NHL options for goalie rested solely with what they kept on the NHL roster.

This season, with Campbell in GR available for a call-up, and probably even Cossa too, the Wings should feel much more comfortable only keeping 2 goalies on the NHL roster, because if the need arises, they probably feel better about their GR options for a fill-in when needed.

On top of that, their need for that roster spot to fit a forward or defenseman in is greater than it was last year, as well.

Reactions: Zetterberg4Captain

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
My take on the goalie situation is that the Wings ultimately not end up sticking with 3 this season.

The major factor in the Wings going with 3 last year (aside from the inconsistencies and early injury) was not wanting to have to dip into GR for a goalie, if needed. They wanted Cossa to get a significant workload in his first full season in the AHL, concentrate on developing, and not worry about getting called up. And Hutchison, while fine in the AHL, is not a viable NHL option. So, the Wings' NHL options for goalie rested solely with what they kept on the NHL roster.

This season, with Campbell in GR available for a call-up, and probably even Cossa too, the Wings should feel much more comfortable only keeping 2 goalies on the NHL roster, because if the need arises, they probably feel better about their GR options for a fill-in when needed.

On top of that, their need for that roster spot to fit a forward or defenseman in is greater than it was last year, as well.
Agreed...

Outside a training camp or early season injury I suspect one will be dealt by Nov...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad