2024 Training Camp Roster & Schedule

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jaster

My dog from Belgium came with frites.
Jun 8, 2007
Set my expectations for Johansson. Will he be as vanilla, boring, and as easy to push around as Gustav Lindstrom? Will he bring something more to the table?
His skating and IQ far outstrip Lindstrom in those categories. He has size concerns, which are legitimate, but if he can prove that he can overcome that, he’ll be several tiers better than Lindstrom. I think the way he sees the ice and reads plays is special. How that translates to the NHL level is yet to be determined.

jaster

My dog from Belgium came with frites.
Jun 8, 2007
I know Danielson is the hype pick to make the roster, and Kasper is now getting some run after the past couple days, but if one kid makes it, it’s still gonna be Mazur, ya’ll. Sorry (@heyfolks :laugh:). The 1st rounders are gonna have to wait. Carter or bust.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I know Danielson is the hype pick to make the roster, and Kasper is now getting some run after the past couple days, but if one kid makes it, it’s still gonna be Mazur, ya’ll. Sorry (@heyfolks :laugh:). The 1st rounders are gonna have to wait. Carter or bust.
Let's see if he is Lil Bert 2.0.

Reactions: jaster

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
If you think Mo would get the hook for lack of shooting, the job certainly won't go to Gustafsson who hasn't scored a PP goal since 2019...
I agree with you. it would make so little sense, but....
This is still Alex Tanguay running the PP. That means there's a very high likelihood that happens, no matter how little sense it makes.
More likely, he bounces them back and forth as is his way, don't let either of them develop chemistry until settling on mostly one of them 2 months into the season.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
What about Berggren? Or we going to trade away some regulars
Probably the player I’m the most excited to watch. Really hope he proves me wrong. Could become the creative player this team desperately needs to help fill out the bottom half of the line up.

Reactions: lilidk

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Yeah he absolutely could (and I hope he does cause a 6'7 with his hands still could be special) but I do see his line placement as a sign of what Wings brass is currently thinking.

You don't put a 3rd year AHL guy that you think has a shot at the NHL anytime soon that low in a training camp lineup. He is officially fighting against the odds now, which I didn't feel like in his first two camps. Up to him to show he deserves a better look.

Yep. He needed to get some run in the NHL before Mazur, Kasper and Danielson all arrived because this year he really fell down the pecking order. I have no expectations now
Do you guys think Erik Gustafsson will constantly play on the PP? If so, the 1st or 2nd PP in your opinion?

I think its too early to say. Ghost ran with the first unit last year, and I think that was partially a way to save Seider for his tougher minutes. But Seider is a year older now, and maybe Edvinsson helps shoulder some of that load.
His skating and IQ far outstrip Lindstrom in those categories. He has size concerns, which are legitimate, but if he can prove that he can overcome that, he’ll be several tiers better than Lindstrom. I think the way he sees the ice and reads plays is special. How that translates to the NHL level is yet to be determined.

Hes got that modern two way dman that plays minutes type build. Elite skater, solid all around and throws the body. Not really a comparable guy to Lindstrom who was an old school, stay at home type

Reactions: jkutswings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad