2024 Training Camp Roster & Schedule

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
We sure could use another RHD so Johansson isn't relegated to practicing with a guy firmly in the AHL.

MORITZ SEIDER YOU'RE TEARING THIS TEAM APART!!!

Speaking of AHL guys, I do think this says quite a bit about where the team sees Soderblom. He is solidly with AHL guys and on a 5th line on camp teams. Too many guys have passed him.

Last edited:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Speaking of AHL guys, I do think this says quite a bit about where the team sees Soderblom. He is solidly with AHL guys and on a 4th line on camp teams. Too many guys have passed him.
1st day of camp. But yeah, he isn’t going to get stapled to Larkin’s wing, he’ll need to earn opportunities.

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
Now that we've seen the Seider contract, I'm guessing we're going to see a ton of "paper" transactions this year or maybe even Detroit carrying only 22 players on the roster for stretches in order to bank as much cap space as possible. I imagine they'll want to reduce the overage from Kane's bonuses that carries over to the 25/26 season as much as possible.

Reactions: RRhoads

Forsbergaura21

Jul 20, 2024
Veleno - with all the changes in the off-season where do Wings fans see him playing this season?

Also - is he able to play wing? Or only center?

Thanks

jaster

My dog from Belgium came with frites.
Jun 8, 2007
Veleno - with all the changes in the off-season where do Wings fans see him playing this season?

Thanks
4th-line fixture.

If you can play center, you can play wing.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

• Haha
Reactions: Filppula

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Are there any updated shirtless photos of Veleno yet? Not sure we can be sure what to expect without those

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

He can play both. Mostly his role will be that 4th line Center.

DeBrincat - Larkin - Raymond
Tarasenko - Compher - Kane
Rasmussen - Copp - Fischer
Motte - Veleno - Berggren

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Speaking of AHL guys, I do think this says quite a bit about where the team sees Soderblom. He is solidly with AHL guys and on a 5th line on camp teams. Too many guys have passed him.

He's got a lot to prove. Soderblom looked like a run of the mill AHL 3rd liner last season whenever I saw GRG. He flashed a lot more skill in his final Frolunda season than he showed in the AHL last year which is what was so disappointing.

This is a make or break season for him in the AHL. If he doesn't lock in on the top 6 then he might as well start packing to go back to Sweden.

Forsbergaura21

Jul 20, 2024
He can play both. Mostly his role will be that 4th line Center.

DeBrincat - Larkin - Raymond
Tarasenko - Compher - Kane
Rasmussen - Copp - Fischer
Motte - Veleno - Berggren

Thanks. Does Veleno still have some upside to become a top 6 player? Or not really?

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
Watching Larkin's presser today and this stood out to me:

"A little bit of a struggle there, you know, in March, but in April we all bought in and... the buy-in towards the end of last year, you know, guys playing through injuries, guys laying it all out there, the focus when went out on the road within the team. There's some guys that didn't have that and that was addressed in the offseason... we got a ton of guys that are committed. All of the guys that are here are committed."

I'm not going to say that is direct confirmation of the Walman situation, but it fits with what I posted back on June 28:

I got some more insight yesterday and the bottom line is that Walman, down the stretch when the team was going through their two extended slumps, really burned some bridges in the locker room. That's why he's gone.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Watching Larkin's presser today and this stood out to me:

"A little bit of a struggle there, you know, in March, but in April we all bought in and... the buy-in towards the end of last year, you know, guys playing through injuries, guys laying it all out there, the focus when went out on the road within the team. There's some guys that didn't have that and that was addressed in the offseason... we got a ton of guys that are committed. All of the guys that are here are committed."

I'm not going to say that is direct confirmation of the Walman situation, but it fits with what I posted back on June 28:

Most definitely Walman was one of the "some".

Perron, Ghost, Fabbri and Sprong are the other notables not back this year. Hard to believe Perron or Fabbri would be lack of commitment guys.

raymond23

lgrw
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI

Perron, Ghost, Fabbri and Sprong are the other notables not back this year. Hard to believe Perron or Fabbri would be lack of commitment guys.

Ghost definitely didn’t lack commitment on the ice either. That dude gave it his all at the end

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Ghost definitely didn’t lack commitment on the ice either. That dude gave it his all at the end

Wasn't saying he didn't. Just that Perron and Fabbri have long been known as committed. So if there is more than one, Ghost, Sprong and Walman had to be at least 2 of them.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
With the current roster we already have 8 dmen and 3 goalies

So unless someone gets cut, idk how Danielson makes the team
Dude, you are totally neglecting the future considerations we have in our back pocket.

BYE HUSSO

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Wasn't saying he didn't. Just that Perron and Fabbri have long been known as committed. So if there is more than one, Ghost, Sprong and Walman had to be at least 2 of them.
The organization had very high praise for Ghost. He doesn’t belong in the same breath as dogshit effort Sprong, or soggy crouton brain Walman.

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"

Sprong may have been one along with Walman. I would highly doubt Ghost fell into that category. Perron and Fabbri absolutely not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad