Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
So after letting Rothe join us and rumors linking Brunner & Mouki yo departures, BVB are giving Kabar a real shot at the LB job.

We’re apparently working on other-Union’s Sadiki to bolster our midfield.

Hoffenheim have reportedly made a bid for ABK

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
It seems that Fiorentina have an agreement with Reims for Amir Richardson, I know he is a very good prospect but I have seen practically zero of him. I don't know, I would have preferred Tessmann, but his agents are acting like bandits having insisted on commissions. The same thing happened with Inter who immediately dropped the player for this very reason.

Tessmann's agents messing up two moves in one summer. Probably why Venezia are asking a pretty reasonable fee for one of their top players.

Reactions: Incubajerks

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Tessmann's agents messing up two moves in one summer. Probably why Venezia are asking a pretty reasonable fee for one of their top players.

I like him a lot, I think it's no coincidence that Inter looked for him. In my opinion, Florence would have been an important stage for further growth, also because unlike Milan it would have found a lot of space. However, he is a player I will follow this year.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Chelsea seem to have lost some confidence in Slonina given this:

Forget Slonina. If they are dropping 20m on a goalie a week after they signed Jorgensen then Jorgensen better watch his back. They’ve spent nine figures on keepers. Just another one to throw on the pile. Just another one that probably doesn’t have a path. Just like Slonina. Nothing but a tool

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Just spend 80M on an elite keeper.

If he's Courtois 2.0, then great, buy these Directors don't have the benefit of the doubt right now.

Reactions: Blender

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Someone have it make sense for me.
It can only make sense if you think of it in terms of building an asset portfolio, because that is how they are thinking of it.

There are very self-evident reasons why a professional athlete should not be considered to have the same (relative) guarantees of value accumulation that an other asset would, but these people are not smart people.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I’d love to know what these players see in it. Aren’t they all just signing incentive-laden deals? What difference does that make if they’ll never play at Chelsea?

Reactions: luiginb

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I’d love to know what these players see in it. Aren’t they all just signing incentive-laden deals? What difference does that make if they’ll never play at Chelsea?
You know you'll get an immediate profile boost from signing (helpful in future career moves), and worst case scenario is that they end up on loan in another top league from which they can hopefully bounce off to a solid club on a permanent.

I think that must be it. Because the wages being offered in this enormous Chelsea spending spree have not been high. The one thing I will give BlueCo is that they have really diminished the wage bill, which made it very hard to move dinosaurs out.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The young ones are probably cheap enough where it's not all incentives. And in all honesty, we do a decent job of moving them on, so it'd not like their is a history of just killing careers.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
As I have said prior. Chelsea do not purchase players for their first team. They invest in young players and hope to make profit with them in the future. Obviously they will keep the better player in the end but getting 10 players for one position it seems pretty obvious they are not all of them for the 1st team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad