Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

How many Argentinains have moved to France this summer lol
97faaf114d528413ae51124dce7a0992.gif

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I know you are getting a kit if this happens :) Not sure who this source is. Basically the same as I feel about Varela here - think the skill wise yes this is what they are looking for. BUT physically this is simply not the player I would be be getting to play with Alexis

Liverpool should aim higher, unless they're planning to have him as a bench option. Not physically strong enough for the PL defensively.
Yeah it’s a weird one. If I was putting him next to like Rodri or Rice, sure. Next to Alexis, that is giving up a lot of athleticism. Was starting to warm up to Zubimendi too

But that being said, Caqueret does what they would probably be looking for in this role very well. I just don't know if I can get over the physical traits. There might be some ways around it, but I think those create more problems. Don't necessarily think they need Caqueret, or whoever this player is to start though.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I know you are getting a kit if this happens :) Not sure who this source is. Basically the same as I feel about Varela here - think the skill wise yes this is what they are looking for. BUT physically this is simply not the player I would be be getting to play with Alexis

Yeah it’s a weird one. If I was putting him next to like Rodri or Rice, sure. Next to Alexis, that is giving up a lot of athleticism. Was starting to warm up to Zubimendi too

But that being said, Caqueret does what they would probably be looking for in this role very well. I just don't know if I can get over the physical traits. There might be some ways around it, but I think those create more problems. Don't necessarily think they need Caqueret, or whoever this player is to start though.
It's tough to judge Caqueret the last couple of years.
He's been part of awful teams and awful midfields.
He's had some tough games but also some great ones.
Overall one would say he's taken step backwards but the context is important. When he had Bruno and Aouar (!!) with him he was incredible.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It's tough to judge Caqueret the last couple of years.
He's been part of awful teams and awful midfields.
He's had some tough games but also some great ones.
Overall one would say he's taken step backwards but the context is important. When he had Bruno and Aouar (!!) with him he was incredible.
Oh I totally see that. My issue is it be like getting another Alexis. And they need a player who better compliments Alexis. In my opinion anyway.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
65? They've only bought one player?

And yes enormous wages are worth transfers.

Transfermarkt has two. GK from Russia.

I never said they weren’t but numbers I put still matter and as I noted, this window isn’t done and they’re linked with some big money moves still. Again though, they’ll probably offload more players too.

Sorloth isn't elite but an upgrade over Morata IMO. And Alvarez a massive one over Correa.

Le Normand is not elite, but more than good enough to play for a winning team, as shown in the euros

IMO Sorloth is a wild card. Not many great seasons and he’s going to be 29 in a year. I’m not Morata fan, but at least you get some consistency. Alvarez I’ll grant you, but he’s one player and I don’t see him getting the league over the line.

And the Euro isn’t La Liga. He’s not bad, but I don’t see any considerable upgrade.

Lopez on his way to dragging Spain to a gold medal but it’s ok we should spend over 60 million on Cesc 2.0. I owe Font an apology. Get Laporta and his friends out

I know they had interest but will they spend that much to get Varela?

Frankly the way Fermin is playing this is a luxury signing and one that probably we will regret. They play the same position too.
And I like the player a lot.

Somebody needs to go. Vitor Roque or Raphinha. And it needs to happen soon

Seems you both have forgotten about Pedri. That said, I agree it’s a luxury signing and we don’t need him. Still, he’s an upgrade over Lopez and Pedri to be fair.

Personally, not a fan of bringing in a player who left of his own accord, but at least he didn’t leave for money like Fabregas did. Still, I’m willing to give him a shot and I’d much rather him in the team than other players we currently have.

Speaking of players who need to go, I find it curious to put it mildly that Vitor Roque and Raphinha are the players someone would target.

Also, @Duchene2MacKinnon , I think they’re focusing on buying players first and then selling. Not a fan of that strategy.

I'm not sure Javi Guerra will finally go to Atletico... he has way too many players ahead of him... in my opinion he's bottom of their depth chart. I don't see any midfielder below him. I could have seen it if Gallagher rejected them.

He’s better than Barrios and brings something different. That said, I’d rather he went to a different side to develop.

Chiesa rumoured to Barça for 15 million euros.
Another player I really like but unless Raphinha or Ferran go makes no sense

Zero interest Chiesa. Overrated player on this forum.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

Sounds like things are heating up.

Can't say I'm a huge fan.

Solanke cant pass to save his life, but he is a finisher, and I lost count of how many chances Werner/Richarlison/Kulu/Johnson wasted last year. A few more goals last year and they pass Villa for 4th.

If they sell Richarlison for the same that they pay for Solanke, it's an upgrade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad