Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I remember him from Watford, 1 amazing game and then 9 where he disappears.
I remember him from his Metz days and he was something. His transfer to Rennes hurt him with expectations and then at Watford he was so inconsistent.
With OM he was consistently bad.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Luka Sucic likely to Real Sociedad when Merino leaves, good move but unfortunately injury prone. Croatia should start building around him now rather than relying on the old guard still but whatever…

Reactions: Gecklund

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
All of those midfielders play COMPLETELY different to each other. Do they even know what they are looking for?
It's a horrible source to post because Zubimendi has already mentioned that he wants to stay in Spain, which is why Arsenal is buying Merino as an alternative.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It's a horrible source to post because Zubimendi has already mentioned that he wants to stay in Spain, which is why Arsenal is buying Merino as an alternative.
Zubimendi and Merino pretty different to each other too. Would not say that they are alternatives.

But yeah that midfielder list is just like they picked a bunch of names out of a hat.

Reactions: luiginb

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Zubimendi and Merino pretty different to each other too. Would not say that they are alternatives.

But yeah that midfielder list is just like they picked a bunch of names out of a hat.
Never underestimate Arteta's skill in playing players out of position lol.

Reactions: luiginb

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Never underestimate Arteta's skill in playing players out of position lol.
Arteta just wants a bunch of tall guys to come in and play pinball. He isn’t skilled at managing anything. He is Sam Allardyce if he went on a diet. Which is fine, I mean it’s working decently for yall but let’s call it what it is

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jussi

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
"Supposedly", Gyokeres has agreed with personal terms with Arsenal, but a lot of the reports are from Portgual, which I am a bit iffy on.

Merino to Arsenal very close of being done since RS are on verge of buying Carlos Soler from PSG to replace him.

Some reports of Arsenal going after Dubravka.
Yeah Merino looks done to Arsenal. I like him a lot, I hope they give him plenty of playing time otherwise what a waste

Luka Sucic likely to Real Sociedad when Merino leaves, good move but unfortunately injury prone. Croatia should start building around him now rather than relying on the old guard still but whatever…
Sucic is done already, and yeah, that points to Merino leaving too

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yeah Merino looks done to Arsenal. I like him a lot, I hope they give him plenty of playing time otherwise what a waste
I'm not sure who gets spots in the midfield since Havertz played in Xhaka's role last game against LFC, so Arteta could get Jesus out there in the starting XI. Then there is the entire situation with Partey, and it looks like he's not going to be sold since SA clubs pulled out of any interest in him. I suspect he gets a prime role as the holding midfielder, Merino as the BXB, Rice as the prime BXB, and Odegaard as the playmaking number ten. But then that forces Kai as the false nine, making Jesus move to the wing or to the bench. To be honest, Jesus has looked good, but Martinelli has outplayed him so far in the preseason. There is a chance that Merino will be brought in to play that Xhaka role, but Rice was brilliant last season in that same role, maybe he's back up to Rice?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Atleti apparently interested in Lenglet.

I think he's going to be a world class player for a decade. The one position we don't need but when I see a good move I will support it

Fair enough. I just don’t like PSG and hope he gets the minutes there. Really like the kid though.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
On the continuum of silly market money, €30M isn’t crazy. But it would be crazy to spend that on a 31-year-old Fullkrug.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Take the money and run Dortmund.

Just to be clear. They haven't offered that much, that is the sum BVB wants for Füllkrug.

With Moukoko on his way out...Girona faves last I read...they may want to hold onto him. With Guirassy still needing to settle in and Haller having played a total of 524 minutes in all competitions, I'm not sure they're in a rush to sell Nic.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

Yes please but also if this goes through and the midfield signing goes through that’s 5 new signings this window and feels a little unrealistic to me. I get McTominay and AWB are likely both out, maybe Lindelof too but weird feeling getting 5 new players that you could likely argue all deserve spots in the 11 in one window.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $1,050.00