Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I'd seen that but wasn't sure if it was credible. Apparently Gallagher is very keen on going to Madrid.
Yes there was talks that he was talking to Trippier during the Euros about life in Madrid.

Would have preferred to keep Gallagher, at the very least he's a luxury squad player, but the sporting directors seem keen on selling him.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Gallagher is worth 70 million pounds… ?
Mount, in a similar contract situation, went for 65m after a poor season. Gallagher is coming off an absolutely excellent one. So, like, maybe? Mount had previously hit higher highs than Gallagher hit this season, though.

He's also, as SEPH said above, easily better than Palhinha and Onana who just went for 50m and 60m.

People underrate him still, which is baffling to me because if you ask any Chelsea fan he was easily our second best player last season and was absolutely brilliant.

Idk, who even knows what the market is anymore. And who knows how he'll look in a different league, in a different country! But if he had more than a year left on his contract he would be comfortably 60+.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
You don't think so? He's class as far as I am concerned. Think about it, if Luiz and Palhinha went for 50 million Euros and Onana went for 60 million, then Gallagher is easily worth 70.
That’s a fallacy. One team making a stupid purchase doesn’t mean that’s the market. Gallagher is a limited player

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That’s a fallacy. One team making a stupid purchase doesn’t mean that’s the market. Gallagher is a limited player
It's not a fallacy when Gallagher is superior to all of them in talent. You're undervaluing what he brings as I suggest he's brilliant, but I admit I am a big fan of his.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Mount, in a similar contract situation, went for 65m after a poor season. Gallagher is coming off an absolutely excellent one. So, like, maybe? Mount had previously hit higher highs than Gallagher hit this season, though.

He's also, as SEPH said above, easily better than Palhinha and Onana who just went for 50m and 60m.

People underrate him still, which is baffling to me because if you ask any Chelsea fan he was easily our second best player last season and was absolutely brilliant.

Idk, who even knows what the market is anymore. And who knows how he'll look in a different league, in a different country! But if he had more than a year left on his contract he would be comfortably 60+.

Mount was sold within the EPL. He also has shown more than Gallagher. Albeit when mount moved many were questioning the purchase

It's not a fallacy when Gallagher is superior to all of them in talent. You're undervaluing what he brings as I suggest he's brilliant, but I admit I am a big fan of his.
lol how would you compare a keeper to a midfield based on talent? Anyway it’s still a fallacy

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Mount was sold within the EPL. He also has shown more than Gallagher. Albeit when mount moved many were questioning the purchase

lol how would you compare a keeper to a midfield based on talent? Anyway it’s still a fallacy
yeah so you're just betraying that you don't know what you're talking about, because he's very obviously talking about Amadou Onana, who is also a midfielder, who is far more limited of a player, who moved this window for 60 million.

so perhaps you don't chat shit about players you don't watch often!

And multiple purchases are very obviously an indication of the market, how could they not be

Reactions: Blender and luiginb

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I feel this is a move that Chelsea doesn't care about losing so they can get him out ASAP. They could easily negotiate at least 50 million Euros for him, but seems they don't want to go through the trouble of AM potentially backing out.

When you watch him next season against Barca, I promise you will have a change of tune. He's not flashy, but very productive. He's better than Kroos.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
yeah so you're just betraying that you don't know what you're talking about, because he's very obviously talking about Amadou Onana, who is also a midfielder, who is far more limited of a player, who moved this window for 60 million.

so perhaps you don't chat shit about players you don't watch often!

And multiple purchases are very obviously an indication of the market, how could they not be
Or I just assumed the other Onana who went for a similar price… not sure why you’re so feisty. I just don’t think he’s worth that and Atlantic made a bad move imo.

Better than Kroos wtf

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lamine Camara is joining Monaco. Great signing for them. Best african up and coming player right now.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
This kind of came out of nowhere and Brighton really didn't want to let him go.

The first major signing of the premier league era, dynamite every year, and one of the most underrated attacking players over the past couple seasons. He has an argument for the greatest player in club history... Sad to see him go.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
This kind of came out of nowhere and Brighton really didn't want to let him go.

The first major signing of the premier league era, dynamite every year, and one of the most underrated attacking players over the past couple seasons. He has an argument for the greatest player in club history... Sad to see him go.
Barco szn loading

• Love
Reactions: robertmac43

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad