Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Hence the term 'paraphrasing'

The meaning here pretty much remains the same. Clearly Macron had an influence in 2022 or whenever his call was.
Not really. That's hardly how he said it.
Macron has no influence on anything except riding right wing extremists.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Not really. That's hardly how he said it.
Macron has no influence on anything except riding right wing extremists.

The literal translation is this:

'What influence does the president have? On my career, today, in 2023, none.'

Don't be dishonest. If Macron's weight had never meant anything, Mbappe would have never needed to specify '2023' or 'today'.

It doesn't mean that it came down to him only or anything but clearly it mattered.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The literal translation is this:

'What influence does the president have? On my career, today, in 2023, none.'

Don't be dishonest. If Macron's weight had never meant anything, Mbappe would have never needed to specify '2023' or 'today'.

It doesn't mean that it came down to him only or anything but clearly it mattered.
It's a really common saying in France to say "as of right now". That doesn't mean "as opposed to last year".
I'm not being dishonest.
As he said previously (gently), it's an "honor", but it's more Macron trying to look good than Mbappe being influenced. I don't think Mbappe cared at all.

Reactions: Jussi

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
- Sounds like the Calafiori deal is 99% done, but both clubs are still haggling over details in some of the clauses within the deal.

- Lokonga went on a season-long loan to Sevilla with an option to buy. If Sevilla triggers it, there is a 25% sell-on clause automatically attached to it. Deal around 10 million pounds.

- Nuno agreed with a five-year deal with Lazio, so he's also gone. 7.5 million pounds with a sell-on clause included.

- Arsenal rejected a 25 million bid for Nkeitah.

- Arsenal going after youngster Luke Mbete, CB from Man City.

- Gyokeres is being linked to Arsenal, but has an 85 million release clause, however, Sporting is willing to drop his price to 60 million.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
- Sounds like the Calafiori deal is 99% done, but both clubs are still haggling over details in some of the clauses within the deal.

- Lokonga went on a season-long loan to Sevilla with an option to buy. If Sevilla triggers it, there is a 25% sell-on clause automatically attached to it. Deal around 10 million pounds.

- Nuno agreed with a five-year deal with Lazio, so he's also gone. 7.5 million pounds with a sell-on clause included.

- Arsenal rejected a 25 million bid for Nkeitah.

- Arsenal going after youngster Luke Mbete, CB from Man City.

- Gyokeres is being linked to Arsenal, but has an 85 million release clause, however, Sporting is willing to drop his price to 60 million.
Is the keeper that played on loan with Wrexham last season still at Arsenal?

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Is returning to Wrexham still not an option for Okonkwo?
Could be, but I haven't seen any rumours concerning him. I think he might want to go to a higher league, but that's just speculation on my part.

Arsenal is still going after a more veteran goalkeeper Dan Bentley from Wolves to replace his spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad