Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Not sure if you've misunderstood me here.

I'm absolutely not saying that Spurs have surpassed United in terms of the standing/reputation of the club.

I'm just acknowledging that United aren't in the same situation as they were under Fergie. Sure, they still win something on occasion, but hardly anything as major, with the same consistency as Ferguson did. Not sure how one can disagree with that.
I think everyone knows that. I mean Sir Alex lifts that Premier League trophy in May 2013 with an aging squad, and that's the last time United have even gotten close to that thing. United went from being one of the dominant teams in Europe to being just one of 6-7 English clubs with 'ambitions'.

And in reality, Spurs' last decade and United's last decade probably weren't all that different. But United has a long head start in terms of finance and reputation that will make it easier for them to sign big names than Spurs.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
also worth circling back to where this convo started, which was the suggestion that United are going to poach a player from Spurs in a few years time, which is something they have not done in 15 years

it would be like if I as a Chelsea fan joked that in a few years Bukayo Saka was gonna join us so he could win a Champion's League

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Another Turkish wonderkid, Can Uzun, who got 19 goals from attacking midfield in Zweite Bundesliga and the German Cup in his 17/18 year old season signs for Eintracht for just 11 mil.

lol that was first reported so long ago I forgot that I wasn't official. One of the stars of BuLi2 last season...though he did play at forward for much of it.

Reactions: luiginb

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
lol that was first reported so long ago I forgot that I wasn't official. One of the stars of BuLi2 last season...though he did play at forward for much of it.
Also a player the DFB didn't rate enough to go after a few years back. He could still technically switch from what I understand, but at this point that seems pretty unlikely. Also, it's still obviously by no means certain he's good enough to play for Germany.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Also a player the DFB didn't rate enough to go after a few years back. He could still technically switch from what I understand, but at this point that seems pretty unlikely. Also, it's still obviously by no means certain he's good enough to play for Germany.

True, but it's hard to blame them for that one. The kid has been playing for the turks since the U17 level and plays in a part of the pitch where we're stacked.

...just within 2-3 years of his age we have Musiala, Wirtz, Gruda, Wanner, Bischof, Darvich, Diehl, Maza, Brunner, Ibrahimovich, Krattenmacher, Moukoko, Beier, Weiper, Tresoldi, Ramsak, Adu.

Plus Bence Dardai...who will probably switch away like his brother...and we still had Lazar Samardzic at the time.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Speaking of Ibrahimovich, Bayern are planning to give him a shot at the senior team after extending his contract through 2027.

St. Pauli's star, Marcel Hartel is officially joining St Louis.

Reactions: bluesfan94

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Orel Mangala who we've just seen yesterday for Belgium becomes a full time Lyon player after his loan for a total of around 35 mil. Steep.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
West Ham had a €35M offer for Todibo rejected by Nice. They’ll go back in with another offer I’m sure. Beyond the clubs negotiating, wonder if they can convince him to join.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Le Normand joins Atlético for 30M€

Kephren Thuram looks like will move to Juve for 25M€ or so

Oof. Atleti spending there. Fine by me.

Speaking of Atleti, seeing that Benfica are looking to bring Felix back on loan whilst acquiring 50% of his rights.

Strand Larsen loaned out by Celta to Wolves. Not a fan of his but he's got decent La Liga numbers.

Loan? Celta should just sell him outright unless there’s a good loan fee.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Complicated deal but basically city ( the group) buy Gomez and loans him out to River who can purchase a portion of his right up to 50%.

He’s lost some of that hype he had early on. I don’t think he can make man city at any point. We’ll see

Interesting. His star has fallen a bit to be sure, but he’s still young and has good experience for his age.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad