Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Fenerbahce make Soyuncu's loan permanent. Nice piece of business for Atletico for a change, they got him on a free and one year later made 10.5 million from him.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I'm thinking more along the lines of Sheringham, Carrick and Berbatov. All left the Spurs to join United to win something.
United haven't had a succesful incoming transfer from another top team in England for quite some time. Berbatov for example was 16 years ago. The standing of both clubs has changed a lot since then.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Another Turkish wonderkid, Can Uzun, who got 19 goals from attacking midfield in Zweite Bundesliga and the German Cup in his 17/18 year old season signs for Eintracht for just 11 mil.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Where the f*** did you suddenly get that impression? :laugh:
Because you didn't seem like Uniteds standing relative to Spurs had changed much. The difference between United under Fergie and United now is huge in my mind.

And you didn't really try to disprove my point that United haven't had a successful transfer from another top team in England in ages.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Because you didn't seem like Uniteds standing relative to Spurs had changed much. The difference between United under Fergie and United now is huge in my mind.

And you didn't really try to disprove my point that United haven't had a successful transfer from another top team in England in ages.
I was just counting trophies. United are still winning trophies, meanwhile Spurs are doing f*** all.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I was just counting trophies. United are still winning trophies, meanwhile Spurs are doing f*** all.
Not sure if you've misunderstood me here.

I'm absolutely not saying that Spurs have surpassed United in terms of the standing/reputation of the club.

I'm just acknowledging that United aren't in the same situation as they were under Fergie. Sure, they still win something on occasion, but hardly anything as major, with the same consistency as Ferguson did. Not sure how one can disagree with that.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
one of the few things that BoehlyCo have been good at is bringing the wages down, which was one of the anchors left behind from Abramovich and Granovskaia. So I'd be surprised if KDH was making insane money
Wages down but term up, right? Is it another North American style 8-year deal?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad