Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Closed Window Discussion

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Fabrice Hawkins, who's a very good PSG source, says Xavi Simmons is not coming back but instead will be transfered to Leipzig for good. Both teams are negociating the amount.
Very surprised about that, he's a damn good player, better IMO than anything PSG have in offensive midfield.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Fabrice Hawkins, who's a very good PSG source, says Xavi Simmons is not coming back but instead will be transfered to Leipzig for good. Both teams are negociating the amount.
LFC should be all over this. Especially if PSG want Salah, Diaz, Konate, etc.

Simons is a no brainer.

Reactions: luiginb

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Very surprised about that, he's a damn good player, better IMO than anything PSG have in offensive midfield.
It's the player's choice apparently.

LFC should be all over this. Especially if PSG want Salah, Diaz, Konate, etc.

Simons is a no brainer.
The player wants to stay in Leipzig for a while. Which is understandable since he's moved every year the last 3.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Meanwhile Kvata is excited at the possibility of joining PSG. Luis Henrique is extremely keen on him joining.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Meanwhile Kvata is excited at the possibility of joining PSG. Luis Henrique is extremely keen on him joining.
He's being shopped by the agent. There were links to Barça couple weeks ago too

It's the player's choice apparently.

The player wants to stay in Leipzig for a while. Which is understandable since he's moved every year the last 3.
So I guess PSG buys him back and then re sells him to Leipzig. Barça media saying he wants to join us hahaha, I think he will stick with Leipzig one more year at least

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
PSV has permanently signed Malik Tillman from Bayern. Not a huge surprise but there were rumors that even though there was a buy option Bayern could get out of it (similar to last year with Rangers).

Also, reports are PSV won't trigger the buy option for Dest. Not a shock since he will be out until at least January, and he is a free agent next summer.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto

1715354331953.png

PSV has permanently signed Malik Tillman from Bayern. Not a huge surprise but there were rumors that even though there was a buy option Bayern could get out of it (similar to last year with Rangers).

Also, reports are PSV won't trigger the buy option for Dest. Not a shock since he will be out until at least January, and he is a free agent next summer.
also not a shock because Dest is f***ing terrible

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Galatasaray will be making Ziyech's loan permanent so I assume this gets his wages off Chelsea's books. He's been highly productive for them albeit often injured as always.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Galatasaray will be making Ziyech's loan permanent so I assume this gets his wages off Chelsea's books. He's been highly productive for them albeit often injured as always.
Gala didn't have a choice, as I understand - it was an obligation, not an option.

His wages were insanely high (one of our top earners), so it's a big one for the balance sheet.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
wonder which EPL team will try poaching Valverde/Rodrygo this summer.
Why Valverde? He's basically the #1 name on the team sheet.

Rodrygo might be lured away if he loses a starting spot later, but not next season.
There's no reason a manager as adept to adjusting the system to suit the player can't make it work with Bellingham ahead of a double pivot of Cama/Tchouameni, or a mid 3 with Kroos and Valverde and Vini-Mbappe-Rodrygo up top.

They will have options. And after years of basically no depth up front and then actually no striker, I doubt Perez will sell some of his key guys. Güler might go on loan, Brahim Diaz will still get rotational minutes. Dani Ceballos will probably be gone.
Modric will probably stay and plug holes/come of the bench. Kroos will stay as long as he feels he's still a top tier player (he is).

The only guy that I think might end up playing a bit less than he'd like to in his favorite spot might be Camavinga - but even then, he's likely to get 30 starts and another 20 bench appearances.
Bit like this season, Tchouameni started the last couple of games over him, but he's played about 40 games, started 30 - and even if he comes off the bench, he's been super impacftul.

With all the spotlight Vini and Jude get, and the older legends in Modric and Kroos - even Rüdiger who's solo-carried the defense this season... Valverde, Camaving and Tchoumeni have been brilliant all season and get overlooked by a lot of people.
Also, Carvajal has been back to his best the whole season, #1 RB in the world when he plays like that.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Why Valverde? He's basically the #1 name on the team sheet.

Rodrygo might be lured away if he loses a starting spot later, but not next season.
There's no reason a manager as adept to adjusting the system to suit the player can't make it work with Bellingham ahead of a double pivot of Cama/Tchouameni, or a mid 3 with Kroos and Valverde and Vini-Mbappe-Rodrygo up top.

They will have options. And after years of basically no depth up front and then actually no striker, I doubt Perez will sell some of his key guys. Güler might go on loan, Brahim Diaz will still get rotational minutes. Dani Ceballos will probably be gone.
Modric will probably stay and plug holes/come of the bench. Kroos will stay as long as he feels he's still a top tier player (he is).

The only guy that I think might end up playing a bit less than he'd like to in his favorite spot might be Camavinga - but even then, he's likely to get 30 starts and another 20 bench appearances.
Bit like this season, Tchouameni started the last couple of games over him, but he's played about 40 games, started 30 - and even if he comes off the bench, he's been super impacftul.

With all the spotlight Vini and Jude get, and the older legends in Modric and Kroos - even Rüdiger who's solo-carried the defense this season... Valverde, Camaving and Tchoumeni have been brilliant all season and get overlooked by a lot of people.
Also, Carvajal has been back to his best the whole season, #1 RB in the world when he plays like that.
Him and Cama have been the most linked to other teams. With another French player joining the team. I'd assume Cama would stay no matter what.

I don't think they'd go, just if I had to guess those 2 would be the ones EPL teams target the most.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Madrid just might keep everyone. There certainly going to be plenty of games. Keep everyone play it out for a season, and pivot in either Summer 2025 (or January) if necessary. Madrid don’t really have to do anything thing and it doesn’t seem like anyone is trying to leave.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
He's being shopped by the agent. There were links to Barça couple weeks ago too

So I guess PSG buys him back and then re sells him to Leipzig. Barça media saying he wants to join us hahaha, I think he will stick with Leipzig one more year at least

I’d rather have Nico Williams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad