Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Closed Window Discussion

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
There was talk about signing with Fluminense, but as his (Thiago Silva) wife and children will stay in London no matter where he plays next season, English clubs might have an upper hand in that sense. Apparently he has had offers from some London clubs.

Reactions: gary69

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
After not being used at all in Spurs' last 5 games Dragusin wants to leave and is being linked to Napoli. Source: his manager on Italian radio.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
What was Dragusin doing lol

Did he think he was gonna displace van de ven or Romero

He should not be shocked to be third choice
His manager thought (as I did) Spurs have the perfect squad to play three at the back. And one of Romero and van de ven are usually good for an injury/suspension at any given time. I do agree he's not better than any of them, although he'd definitely help with their set piece nightmare defending.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
For all his misses he's got a goal contribution every 90 something minutes for Liverpool this season. He's a player they'll miss.

Reactions: maclean

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I doubt he goes because no one will want to pay what they want to sell him for. That said, I’d take him at West Ham in a heartbeat even if I’ve had my lols about him too.

Reactions: maclean

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Would be so stupid for them to sell him. So, so, so stupid.

PSG or Barca both seem conceivable to me.

It really would. But if the bridges with the ”fans” are burnt he might force it.

He would be the obvious replacement for Mbappe and Barca always goes for South american stars. If it’s PSG they could get all the money back probably.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
For all his misses he's got a goal contribution every 90 something minutes for Liverpool this season. He's a player they'll miss.
Where would he go? Back to Benfica? Barca? PSG? Don’t think any team in England would fancy him and i don’t think Liverpool would sell domestic.
I mean this is all speculation because he did the whole LFC photo purge on socials things so we don’t know who is linked yet.

I agree he would be missed too, and I think it would be really silly not to give Slot (or whoever) a chance to work with him. That being said, and this tantrum kinds of proves it, Darwin has shit for brains. His feet are not aligned with his body and I’m not sure that gets better.

There’s also a larger problem that LFC’s current forwards, that while talented, are really not a skill match for what Slot tries to do. Darwin is certainly included in this. We know the front office doesn’t rate him either. But either way, you can’t take a bath on this guy either. It’s a shame there aren’t more trades in soccer because that’s kind of what they would need to do here. I don’t think Darwin is ever “great” in the premier league because his processor is too slow. The talent is obviously there but he’s basically South American Lukaku. If LFC aren’t comfortable with that, they might try to cash in before another season with lousy finishing.

But if they sell Darwin, they can’t repeat the Darwin mistake of getting another project. They need to put someone LEGIT up there. But that’s going to cost them more than what they will get selling Darwin. I mean if you look at some of these strikers - do you take Gyokeres based on one dominant season in the Portuguese League (sounds like Darwin) ; do you take Openda even though his best form is when he is in a partnership (sounds like Darwin) ; etc.

I mean best case scenario you short the moon for a guy like Osimhen or Isak, but there is going to be a lot of competition there; but even so you’d probably have to bring in another guy (like a Gimenez) to be a backup; because Darwin is really their only pure 9. If Slot is playing with a 10; you can’t really use that false 9 archetype; not that Slot uses that anyway. So yeah. Darwin is an underachieving square peg for a round hole, but that goes for pretty much LFC’s entire front right now

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It really would. But if the bridges with the ”fans” are burnt he might force it.

He would be the obvious replacement for Mbappe and Barca always goes for South american stars. If it’s PSG they could get all the money back probably.
This is the sad thing. The local/match going fans LOVE Darwin and give him a ton of support. The social media fans are not as kind but those are all people from abroad and bots trying to be outraged and get clicks and whatnot. It’s a shame if Darwin is “listening” to them instead of Anfield. If the bridges were burnt, it wasn’t by the people actually watching him live. But again we also know Darwin is unserious, and if he is listening to Twitter, that doesn’t speak great on his mindset. Obviously not condoning online abuse, but saying that in comparison to the reception he gets in the stadium, which is overwhelmingly positive

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
This is the sad thing. The local/match going fans LOVE Darwin and give him a ton of support. The social media fans are not as kind but those are all people from abroad and bots trying to be outraged and get clicks and whatnot. It’s a shame if Darwin is “listening” to them instead of Anfield. If the bridges were burnt, it wasn’t by the people actually watching him live. But again we also know Darwin is unserious, and if he is listening to Twitter, that doesn’t speak great on his mindset. Obviously not condoning online abuse, but saying that in comparison to the reception he gets in the stadium, which is overwhelmingly positive

Very sad letting those people ”win”. I mean what do they actually win in the end? They should also want him to succeed. But it could just be the case where you overreact in the moment. I’ve certainly been there. Feeling hurt cause the girl you like doesn’t answer fast enough on Messenger or something silly. So you block her. Then you sleep on it and it’s all chill the day after. Not that it’s entirely comparable, but still. Some time might be needed to sort things out.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Very sad letting those people ”win”. I mean what do they actually win in the end? They should also want him to succeed. But it could just be the case where you overreact in the moment.
Yeah I mean a lot of the Darwin stuff in mental anyway, like if he goes to Barca (for example) dies he think the online fans are going to be any easier on him? It's a bummer. A lot of the LFC fans online never got off the FSG train and cannot see anything positive. If anything it might be worse because he will actually be able to read it in Spanish
I’ve certainly been there. Feeling hurt cause the girl you like doesn’t answer fast enough on Messenger or something silly. So you block her. Then you sleep on it and it’s all chill the day after. Not that it’s entirely comparable, but still. Some time might be needed to sort things out.
Are you okay?

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
1715016412429.png

1715016434885.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad