GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
I'm fine with not over paying for a UFA, but when I see Faksa, Joseph on 1 and 2 year left of their deal traded for future considerations. Feel like those are player that could gamble on...
We want someone to play in the top 6 with Dach. So I don’t see a fit with those 2.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
New Jersey is one of the teams to watch out in the coming years, especially once Silayev, Nemec and Hughes start getting into their primes.

Buffalo is the one team I just don't understand how they fail every year. They've drafted and traded for a ridiculous amount of talent. I don't trust them to do much with it however.
IMO NJD are too heavily influenced by analytics like Canes & Leafs under Dubas - they’ll have great regular seasons no doubt, but will continue to fall short in playoff hockey

durojean

May 29, 2007
Slaf is 1st line material. Roy has shown f*** all. He needs to earn his spot. Having Roy on the first amd leaving Newhook on the 3rd and Slaf on the 2nd, you would have some grumblings within the core.
I understand, i wanted to recreate the good second line we had at the end of the season so i kept them together.

I wanted to give Dach an option for the faceoff that’s why a put Dvorak there a d I wanted to try and boost Dvrak’s value.

So I put Roy on the first line but it might as well have been Anderson or HP. I thought that Roy have the most potebtiel to avtually be of help for Suzuki and Caufield.

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
Should only cost a 3rd to dump Dvorak.

Anaheim might have interest if the Habs actually want to dump someone.

Might be a wait and see what the youngsters do, but by then the Ducks will be at the cap floor..
Why?

The answer below applies also for Dvorak. Even more so because he only has one year left on his contract.
I don't see the point in wasting assets to move Gallagher or Anderson this summer. The Habs don't need the cap space, and it's not as if they are blocking roster spots for some top prospects at forward. Why spend draft capital just to open a spot for someone like Farrell?
Exactly.

Reactions: NewDef

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I'm fine with not over paying for a UFA, but when I see Faksa, Joseph on 1 and 2 year left of their deal traded for future considerations. Feel like those are player that could gamble on...
There isn't really much room left for gambles/projects type players unless we are also dumping contracts. So sure swapping Dvorak for Faksa would be an interesting gamble, but not sure it makes any sense to take on Faksa while stuck with Dvorak and it's doubtful Dallas was looking for such a swap.

Reactions: Miller Time

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
There isn't really much room left for gambles/projects type players unless we are also dumping contracts. So sure swapping Dvorak for Faksa would be an interesting gamble, but not sure it makes any sense to take on Faksa while stuck with Dvorak and it's doubtful Dallas was looking for such a swap.
don’t we have like 10M of cap even before doing into LTIR, no one need to be swap we have Evan, Pezzetta, RHP, Dvorak, Armia all on expiring deal if no one can be traded somewhere else who ever doesn’t make the team go on waiver, Fakas is a bit of a gamble but is on a 1 year deal…

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
don’t we have like 10M of cap even before doing into LTIR, no one need to be swap we have Evan, Pezzetta, RHP, Dvorak, Armia all on expiring deal if no one can be traded somewhere else who ever doesn’t make the team go on waiver, Fakas is a bit of a gamble but is on a 1 year deal…
The cap should be used to improve the team. Faksa doesn’t even improve our centre ice position.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
We have the capspace yes, the roster spots not so much. The gamble that Faksa does well has about the same odds as the gamble that Dvorak finally being healthy also does well, or the gamble that Armia's visits with the sports psychologist will lead to a more consistant play, etc...

Reactions: bcv and Sam de Mtl

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014

Ark!

They are like worse version of Dvorak and Anderson

Man we just got rid of Hoffman, Dadonov and Dvorak is expiring in 1 year and Gallagher and Anderson are about to be salvageable.

Can we let those shitty player to the other team

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
The cap should be used to improve the team. Faksa doesn’t even improve our centre ice position.
I think we can weaponize the cap space to a better use then reclamation project like Joshef or Faska.
Some team are thigh under the cap, time to get an extra 1st or take a player that can fit in the top 6 on the cheap.

Reactions: NewDef

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I think we can weaponize the cap space to a better use then reclamation project like Joshef or Faska.
Some team are thigh under the cap, time to get an extra 1st or take a player that can fit in the top 6 on the cheap.
How is Joseph a reclamation project? Hes a 3rd line forward. His contract is good, he's coming off a career year in points.
Daniel Sprong?
Not what the Habs need. They need to add something though this is pathetic..

Reactions: Vachon23

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Pass.

People think the Habs needs more scoring, but what they actually need is a bottom six who can actually get out of their own zone regardless of the opposition. The amount of times they got stuck for minutes in their own zone was ugly.
Thing is....while we do need quality there at one point, we do have quantity. Armia, Anderson, Gallagher, Evans, Pezzetta...that's all pencilled bottom 6.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Thing is....while we do need quality there at one point, we do have quantity. Armia, Anderson, Gallagher, Evans, Pezzetta...that's all pencilled bottom 6.
Depressing to have so many substandard players. Armia and Evans can kill penalties but the rest are just not bringing anything.

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Pass.

People think the Habs needs more scoring, but what they actually need is a bottom six who can actually get out of their own zone regardless of the opposition. The amount of times they got stuck for minutes in their own zone was ugly.
in time. You are right, but the Bergevin mistakes need to exit the system first. We can groom our own bottom 6 in Laval or acquire some through UFA next summer, but there is no reason to rush that process now as this mean spending assets to move out Gally, Anderson and some other to make room.

There is an open spot on the top 6, so a young skill player can come an take that spot now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad