GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I would have signed DeBrusk. Around 5.5 million it's a deal. He's money in the bank in playoffs. Especially against Leags. Regular season he's 25 goals. But in playoffs he's killed Leafs last 3 times they met.

Probably trade him last year of his contract, it's a free first.

Reactions: Boris Le Tigre

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
With Cam Atkinson, Tampa now has 6 of their forwards under 6'. They still have 6 20 goal scorers plus Hedman and Vasilevskiy. Probably still a playoff team, their Stanley Cup veterans are slowly moving on though.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
A lot of ufa contracts don't turn out well. Some that have: Marian Hossa (Chicago), Sergei Gonchar (Pittsburgh) and especially Zdeno Chara (Boston). All three helped those teams win Cups. Best Habs ufa that comes to mind was Roman Hamrlik, really liked that guy.

Agree with the idea of having a veteran Russian on the roster when Demidov arrives. As much for the off ice adjustments as for advice on the league.
Cammaleri and Gionta mostly worked out.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
With Cam Atkinson, Tampa now has 6 of their forwards under 6'. They still have 6 20 goal scorers plus Hedman and Vasilevskiy. Probably still a playoff team, their Stanley Cup veterans are slowly moving on though.

I also think they are still a playoff team.

But the day they miss the playoff, they are toast and will have to go into rebuild looking like the Sharks 2 years ago with massive contract.

Brisebois has been savvy tho and i think short term Guentzel is a big improvement over Stamkos

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Nashville really improved themselves yesterday. Went from fringe playoff team to Cup contender. Get a couple of runs at a cup, then trade them off when team starts to slide. stock up on extra first picks.

Jersey did well also. Made themselves a cup contender. Pesce at 5.5m was a steal. Get him for nothing. He is what most hope Reinbacher turns into.

Toronto did well. Totally reshaped their back end.

Carolina lost 3 big names. Pesce, Skeij and Guentzel. Going to be hard for them to make it back up.
Cup contender?

I think people will be surprised at how little those moves improve them.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Nashville really improved themselves yesterday. Went from fringe playoff team to Cup contender. Get a couple of runs at a cup, then trade them off when team starts to slide. stock up on extra first picks.

Jersey did well also. Made themselves a cup contender. Pesce at 5.5m was a steal. Get him for nothing. He is what most hope Reinbacher turns into.

Toronto did well. Totally reshaped their back end.

Carolina lost 3 big names. Pesce, Skeij and Guentzel. Going to be hard for them to make it back up.

New Jersey is one of the teams to watch out in the coming years, especially once Silayev, Nemec and Hughes start getting into their primes.

Buffalo is the one team I just don't understand how they fail every year. They've drafted and traded for a ridiculous amount of talent. I don't trust them to do much with it however.

Garry Valk

Feb 27, 2002
thedrivefortwentyfive.blogspot.com
The Habs got their monies worth from Gio, he was a good captain and consistent scorer. Just my take but I thought Cammy wanted to be the captain and wasn't quite the same player afterwards. He was still a good signing though.
Didn't know Clutterbuck was a free agent. Seems like a no-brainer signing for us.
He’d be a solid add. I’d take a flyer on Sprong as well.

Reactions: NewDef

Bottle Rocket

Jul 23, 2023
We should sign Zadina just so he can fulfill his childhood dream of filling our net with pucks
(during warmups)
She said Don't you dare!

1719963975850.png

Reactions: McGees

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
He's an interesting short term, top 6 option. I don't know how he is attitude wise, but if he comes in with the right mindset he could do the trick just fine. He's still a close to PPG producer and a decent powerplay player.
He won two cup and cup contenders have acquired him at the deadline two years in a row so i'd say his attitude is probably fine.

WG

Sep 9, 2008
Tarasenko could be the target ? 1 year *6m$
Agreement to trade him at TDL to a contender.

Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkovsky
Newhook-Dach-Tarasenko
Recall though, Tarasenko didn't give Ottawa many options of teams he'd go to, so the return was pretty underwhelming when they traded him to Florida. But of the very sad list of UFA players left he's the best option if the idea is to add someone to give Dach some help on the 2nd line.

If HuGo want to add some more scoring for next year it's looking like a trade.

Reactions: CAUFIELD

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
New Jersey is one of the teams to watch out in the coming years, especially once Silayev, Nemec and Hughes start getting into their primes.

Buffalo is the one team I just don't understand how they fail every year. They've drafted and traded for a ridiculous amount of talent. I don't trust them to do much with it

The Atlantic is just too strong, it's out fate too probably.

Reactions: xtrmedante

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad