GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Welp. This was not very... whelming.

Habs will be going into the season with pretty much same team... maybe Roy draws in, maybe not... But this is another bottom of the barrel team with no pushback. Sigh. This rebuild sucks.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I would prefer a top 6 winger until Demidov is ready. E. Kane or Laine would be short 2 years contract players that could bounce back.
I think tomorrow, or the day after a non- Laine trade might happen. Usually gms want to get their business done before they close shop for the summer.

Laine hasn't been cleared, so until then there's no trading for him, so we can put his name on the back burner until he's cleared.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
I think tomorrow, or the day after a non- Laine trade might happen. Usually gms want to get their business done before they close shop for the summer.

Laine hasn't been cleared, so until then there's no trading for him, so we can put his name on the back burner until he's cleared.

I think we have all the space in the world to take a chance on Laine. Columbus has 5 D-men and could use one from us.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
If we do get Laine, I will get behind him 100%, but I do worry about his mental health in the Montreal market. But this is a very different management group, and Laine could be the new Monahan trade bait wise if he can rebound a bit behind the young guns.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Dont want Laine. Hes a negative valued player and a disaster to be in a mtl market. We have enough of negative valued player already and tired asf of reclamation project.

Mailloux + Dvorak(Retained) + 2d pick in 2025

Vs

McGroarty

Comon Hughes, use your balls. The core deserve it.

Reactions: Doublechin

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
Dont want Laine. Hes a negative valued player and a disaster to be in a mtl market. We have enough of negative valued player already and tired asf of reclamation project.

Vs

McGroarty

We should be looking to trade LD. RD is not presently a position of strength, particularly in the absence of Kovacevic.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I just wish that one day, when it's time, that we build a bottom 6 with fast, big bodies that are responsable. Leason would have fit the bill. Maybe Max Jones too.

It's skills first. It is. Always. But you also need that your bottom 6 to play tough to play against. And not count on a d-man to do the toughest job.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
It's funny to look at the cap-space for some of the teams that spent money today.

Apparently the Leafs need to shed 800k to be cap compliant, but they still have RFA to sign. Ottawa only has 4.4M to sign Pinto and probably another forward or a defenseman

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
It's funny to look at the cap-space for some of the teams that spent money today.

Apparently the Leafs need to shed 800k to be cap compliant, but they still have RFA to sign. Ottawa only has 4.4M to sign Pinto and probably another forward or a defenseman

Webber will begin with the Marlies and Robertson asked to be traded, So Toronto will be alright.

Matt Murray will also play for the Marlies...

ReimanSum1908

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal

Vs

McGroarty

Getting out from the Anderson contract would be the best means of acquiring Laine, and I would have no objection to it. The worst case scenario is that Laine fails to pan out and we lose him in two years, as opposed to being saddled with Anderson for another year.

One negative value player for another, but Laine has a chance to rebound while Anderson "is what he is."

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Getting out from the Anderson contract would be the best means of acquiring Laine, and I would have no objection to it. The worst case scenario is that Laine fails to pan out and we lose him in two years, as opposed to being saddled with Anderson for another year.

One negative value player for another, but Laine has a chance to rebound while Anderson "is what he is."

Prefer Anderson to Laine.

Thats how much i dont want Laine and i dont habe confidence
In him

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

The Capitals totally forgot there was a cap, they are like $5m over even with Backstrom on LTIR. They will have to dump T.J. Oshie to make it.

Jul 6, 2016
Habs finally got two UFA’s: Barré & Boulet.

I was wishing to get Carrier from Vegas…. He signed in Carolina for SIX years at 2M $ each…. WOW !

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada

It sucks that it seems a lot of the times that good players are traded/want out it happens in the Atlantic.

Robertson/Pinto would be decent gets for us in either case but will probably never happen because neither TOR nor OTT would want him in the division.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I wonder if the Hawks would be interested in a deal around:

Christian Dvorak
Justin Barron(RFA)

For

Colton Dach
3rd round pick

Dvorak is from Illinois so a form of home coming for him. Barron though upside is well behind everyone on defense. Even with Guhle on his wrong side sometimes this season, then Savard, Mailloux, then eventually Reinbacher too.

I feel like this could be bring in another young body upfront with size who is brothers with Kirby.

Roll down the middle with:

Suzuki, Dach, Newhook, Evans

I believe Chicago only has 6 guys with the big club on the backend too.

Vlasic Jones
Martinez Brodie
Korchinski Murphy
Barron

It seems like it could be a fit and he’d get playing time as well and develop more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad