GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Pinto has proven nothing other than getting suspended.
20 goals the season before. Was 8 points back of setting a career high in 41 less games.

Has size, would be a nice target.

He's produced more than Newhook, or Dach did before the habs acquired him.

Him getting suspended is just him, or his buddy doing something wrong that other players do just haven't gotten caught.

Plus we can make jokes about betting on him to succeed.

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
It’s 4.5 average, but is it front loaded? That’s what I’ve heard from a source that we may not have complete confidence in. But it would make sense for a 2 year higher pay and then it tappers off.
Front loaded or not it doesn’t matter, the average is gonna be 4.5 until he’s 40!! What a terrible contract, I can’t believe they did this it’s hilarious 😂

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
What do you do with Anderson’s contract? Personally, I think they are trying to find ways to get him going to improve his value to us or for a trade to a better environment. Hopefully, Anderson puts in the work this summer and comes back reinvigorated.
Indeed.

If they can't find a taker this summer, he'll get another shot. Zero confidence he'll respond better than last year, but hopefully they don't hesitate to send him to Laval if the cap room is needed or some younger guys force the issue. Otherwise, he's an expensive 4th line with size & skating who is appreciated by his teammates... Not the worst anchor to be stuck with for another year.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
What are the Leafs doing baby.

It’s like theyre pulling off the exact same moves they used to pull before Shanahan took helm of the hockey ops.
They don't have much choice.

I usually can't stand Dangle, but he summed it up perfectly on his latest podcast. It all comes down to their salary structure and so much money invested into 4 forwards. This forces them to constantly play whack a mole in order to fill the roster. It has caught up with this year and they had to choose between signing Tanev, or icing a shambolic defense.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
They don't have much choice.

I usually can't stand Dangle, but he summed it up perfectly on his latest podcast. It all comes down to their salary structure and so much money invested into 4 forwards. This forces them to constantly play whack a mole in order to fill the roster. It has caught up with this year and they had to choose between signing Tanev, or icing a shambolic defense.
I’d say it caught up with them in 2018 when Matthews and Marner’s first deals kicked in. That franchise has been running in a loop the last 5 years.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I’d say it caught up with them in 2018 when Matthews first deal kicked in. That franchise has been running in a loop the last 6 years.
Yes, but they have been able to moneyball their way out of it to a certain extent. Problem is, you're never going to be able to be perfect with your signings and in Leafs case it means the room to maneuver gets narrower as time goes by. This offseason it finally left them with a defense comprising of Morgan Rielly, Jake McCabe and not much else.

It's a complete and utter mess.

Reactions: nhlfan9191

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad