GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
For what its worth, Engels in his predictions post just now has us signing absolutely nobody at all.

I hope not. I can't really go through another season of that bottom 6.
Wait a minute…

So you’re telling me there’s a chance…

s07PhmYHW85seK8fF3RDm9k9w8voui1pf2f0JWdqp8M.jpg

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Another small body though. Don’t see how a team with Caufield in the top 6 can fit in Robertson too.

I’m a fan of the player, I just don’t see the fit.
Buddy we have the worst forward lineup in the league. Pezzetta, Anderson, RHP, Gallagher and Peasrson are regulars. It's not the time to be picky.

Try him out, if it doesn't work out we're in the same spot, if it does we have more ammo to make the team better.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
If the Habs are somehow not on Trouba's limited NT list and the Rangers are attaching something I wouldn't mind him.

Let him try and kill other players, be terrible get a high pick. Trade him next offseason at 50% retained and get an asset back.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Jack is talented and has been underrated his whole career, but at this point he suffers from Dvorak disease - being on a losing team for too long. Losing is normal for him.
Can he be worse than some of the underperforming players we now have?

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
For what its worth, Engels in his predictions post just now has us signing absolutely nobody at all.

I hope not. I can't really go through another season of that bottom 6.

Which makes sense. This isn't the year to go for a UFA. The one thing that needs to be addressed over the next two years however are the remaining bad contracts, notably Gallagher and Anderson.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Pezzetta & RHP, don't mind never seeing them again in a Habs uniform. Same can be said about Dvorak.
Pezz/RHP can easily be waived next Fall if Hughes can't trade them, their cap gets fully absorbed too. They aren't problematic contracts. The real issues are Gallagher (can't be waived) and Anderson/Dvorak.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Buddy we have the worst forward lineup in the league. Pezzetta, Anderson, RHP, Gallagher and Peasrson are regulars. It's not the time to be picky.

Try him out, if it doesn't work out we're in the same spot, if it does we have more ammo to make the team better.
Pearson is gone, RHP can go to Laval.................
Trades are a thing, so there can easily be room to add !!

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
If the Habs are somehow not on Trouba's limited NT list and the Rangers are attaching something I wouldn't mind him.

Let him try and kill other players, be terrible get a high pick. Trade him next offseason at 50% retained and get an asset back.
They will be and all the Canadian teams will be on it as his wife is a doctor in the US. It is a major reason why he left Winnipeg was for her career.

Reactions: Tyson

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal

Pearson is gone. There's that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad