GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
A legit older top 6 guy to keep Demidovs seat warm would be perfect. Stamkos would fit like a glove.

Caufield-Suzuki-Caufield
Roy-Dach-Stamkos
Armia-Newhook-Gallagher (great end of year)
Pezz/RHP-Dvorak/Evans- Anderson

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
A legit older top 6 guy to keep Demidovs seat warm would be perfect. Stamkos would fit like a glove.

Caufield-Suzuki-Caufield
Roy-Dach-Stamkos
Armia-Newhook-Gallagher (great end of year)
Pezz/RHP-Dvorak/Evans- Anderson
The 2 Caufields on the 1st would get chasing in their own zone for sure.

Agreed Stamkos would be sweet, put on a show on the pp with Hutson and the gang.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Next season yes but not this season. Next season you get Demidov, Move Roy down and need another guy to step on this 3rd line. Key for me is to get Roy, Dach, Newhook to make a step forward this year. Debrusk allows that in my opinion.

Debrusk is the most logical fit for us, by far.

• Love
Reactions: HomaridII

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Yeah, among the worst on the NHL.

I don't mind Evans-Armia on the 4th line but that's it.

RHP should be in Laval.
Pezetta should be in laval, RHP can be your 13th forward.

but you need a more serious 3rd and 4th line pronto. WIth that forward group we will remain where we where, maybe pick 8-10 instead due to progression.

Reactions: morhilane

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Debrusk is the most logical fit for us, by far.
I read somewhere that his GF lives in Calgary and that's where he may end up.

Pezetta should be in laval, RHP can be your 13th forward.

but you need a more serious 3rd and 4th line pronto. WIth that forward group we will remain where we where, maybe pick 8-10 instead due to progression.
RHP is not an NHL player. Not sure why he continues to be part of any meaningful roster discussion. Slow, small players don't make 4th lines better. Pezzetta is another player who doesn't belong on an NHL roster.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Good Morning and Happy Canada Day my fellow posters!

Lots of noise around the league but it seems quiet for the Habs. Anyone hearing anything? Seems like we are out on all the decent names.

Was happy to see the Kova move. Liked the guy, but something had to give.

BTW.....we have a f***ing Demigod!!!

Reactions: DavePeak

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I read somewhere that his GF lives in Calgary and that's where he may end up.

RHP is not an NHL player. Not sure why he continues to be part of any meaningful roster discussion. Slow, small players don't make 4th lines better. Pezzetta is another player who doesn't belong on an NHL roster.

Why would he throw his career away in Calgary? Just have her move to MTL, or ditch her and get a Quebequois Hawk Tuah girl.

Major upgrade.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
For what its worth, Engels in his predictions post just now has us signing absolutely nobody at all.

I hope not. I can't really go through another season of that bottom 6.
UFAs are just one way of doing this, we could make a few trades, go the waiver route, etc. The bottom 6 is an easier thing to fix in general.

Mikah

Feb 19, 2018
Unfortunately, I have to agree. Nothing of value will be worth discussing today for Habs fans. Management might attempt to fix the bottom six by bringing in some third liners, but Armia, Dvo, Gallagher and Anderson are so hard to get rid of, that it's not feasible. I would target guys like Toffoli, Monahan, Marchessault, Perron, Tarasenko, Teravainen or DeBrusk. They can then work the numbers and buy-out a Gallagher for example, bury Armia and Dvo in the minors.
Pretty much this. This year is still not the year, whatever they say. So filling the bottom six while there are a bunch of overpaid deadweight, they may as well just ride it out another year and then consider buying out Gallagher or Anderson. Dvorak and Armia are on their last year, so they may be tradable depending on how they perform.

I would stay away from anything multi-year, as they need to leave room to sign some young players and perhaps get a UFA worth mentioning in a couple of years to complete the roster.

The only thing I would consider would be to get a couple of 'Monahan' loaners to sell at the trade deadline. Maybe Perron would be interested in coming to Montreal on a 1 yr contract, and then wait to see which team is competitive at the deadline and get traded. Montreal can afford him a good salary, and can then retain 50%. So everybody wins!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad