GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
Debrusk is the guy I would target. Debrusk-Dach-Roy would be quite a nice line (and I think more efficient then with a Stamkos type of player) until Demidov comes in and it allows you to keep Armia-Newhook-Gallgher together which is a line that worked pretty well last year.

Reactions: Troyp

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Pay the price to get McGroarty. Hughes, show some balls and trade Mailloux for him. He will be way better than Debrusk and cheaper.

Reactions: Vachon23

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Debrusk is the guy I would target. Debrusk-Dach-Roy would be quite a nice line (and I think more efficient then with a Stamkos type of player) until Demidov comes in and it allows you to keep Armia-Newhook-Gallgher together which is a line that worked pretty well last year.
Armia is done on MTL after next season and hopefully Gallagher as well somehow.

Reactions: BLONG7 and jaffy27

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
If Stamkos is a 50 point player in year 4 it would be worth it. The market will be up quite a bit I recon
50 is even optimistic for year 2. 39 of his 81 points came from PP and not every team has Kucherov. Who would he replace in our PP1? I want our young core to be PP1 (Hutson, Slaf, Suzuki, CC, Dach).

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
He's an excellent skater, has some offensive flair and should be a player that can be acquired at a reasonable salary. Roslovic would be an upgrade over some of the players that now infest our bottom 2.5 lines.

Neither at that cost and duration.

Jack is talented and has been underrated his whole career, but at this point he suffers from Dvorak disease - being on a losing team for too long. Losing is normal for him.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
I expect Perron to sign here today because we have heard no rumor about where he might be going. That sometimes means that a done deal is in place and lips are shut tight.

He also stated he would like to play here and it seems like a slam dunk partnership.

Reactions: dinodebino

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Prepare for something similar since Laval need a few AHL vets.

The Habs themselves need to jettison more players before adding more.

No problem this summer.

We have every piece we need. It is simply a matter of time before they become established NHLer.

There is no need to do anything. I would like a Stamkos on a 2yr/9M aav. Maybe something that could give a short term spark without affecting us long term but thats about it.

Unless the right player or the right deal come along, there is nothing to do.

We are in the driver seat and still have 2x 1st and 2x 2nd next year to dangle.

Since i follow the Habs, (late 1990), we have never been in such a good spot.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
So as it stands today:

Slaf - Suzuki - Caufield
Newhook - Dack - Roy
Armia - Dvorak - Anderson
RHP - Evans - Gallagher

Pezetta.
We need to get at least 2 UFA player. There is nothing in Laval that I expect is coming this year. We need internal fight for some position. There are too much player on the bad chair on this line up.

• Love
Reactions: HomaridII

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto
EXACTLY!!

Need to get rid of Anderson and Dvorak, bump Armia to the fourth line. That means signing a top 6 winger or two, Roy 3rd line for now with Newhook centering the 3rd line.
Not saying it will happen now just saying that's what you need in 1-2 years.
Everything in due time. Dvorak, Armia and Evans are out or UFA by the end of next season. Gallagher will also be a great candidate for buy out next summer…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad