GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Yeah thank god we didn't sign a highly talented PPG winger who will most probably retire as the best american skater to ever lace them up.

Lucky for us the Newhook and Roy of this world of there to support our offense.

The question you need to ask yourself is where is this team going next year with Kane?

If the mentality is to go for it now, they need alot more to add too before the year starts.

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
Yeah thank god we didn't sign a highly talented PPG winger who will most probably retire as the best american skater to ever lace them up.

Lucky for us the Newhook and Roy of this world of there to support our offense.
I like the idea of bringing a veteran scorer to mentor our forwards. I just don't think Kane is the right guy. He's not the player he used to be, he would command prime PP time to be productive, and he's not well known for his leadership.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I liked all 3 of Norlinder, Boqvist and Lundkvist as prospects and now all are UFA's, ouch. I don't watch much Liiga but I usually see a decent amount of SHL/Allsvenskan each year (not this year though), surprised that one of them didn't do make it especially Lundkvist who I haven't seen in a while but I would at least have some interest depending on what's been going on with him and what Hughes is up to.
Damn I hope Engstrom doesn't peter out like those guys seemed to do.
All skillsy guys but not overly physical.

Reactions: montreal

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Carrier looks like he misses half of every season to injuries...
He will fit right in.

View attachment 890297
A lot of hard miles there, the price paid for a very physical style.

I know some folks would like to see Xhekaj take on all comers but his games played list could look something similar to that unless he picks his spots.

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Thay was an insane offseason and probably will never happen again.

In: gomez, cammalleri, gionta, spacek, Gill, moen (I could be missing names)

Out: koivu, kovalev, Higgins, mcdonagh, tanguay

But yeah, cammalleri is probably the biggest name (in prime) that the Habs ever signed externally.

Kane gone..Stamkos still there.

Wonder if Kent makes an offer to Vincent Desharnais ?
No room for him

Tall but not that physical and terrible fighter
Weak for his size can get overwhelmed
But I will say he did improve this season from last

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: