GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
That's just as weak as the Aho offer.

You gotta go like 6, have the sens get a 1st and a 3rd I think it is in order for them to consider letting him go.

Which they might to get a top 10 pick

All it takes is one Suzuki or Monty injury and I could see us drafting top 5 again, so I wouldn't risk an offer sheet with a potential 1st rounder.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I think he would have been more valuable to this team last year than Ylonen or the waiver fodder we saw on 4th line
Getting rid of fodder for new fodder isn't the solution. We need guys like Kolesar, Stenlund, Carrier on the 4th line.

Throw them Matheson
I hate to break it to folks but Matheson is almost untouchable at this juncture.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Getting rid of fodder for new fodder isn't the solution. We need guys like Kolesar, Stenlund, Carrier on the 4th line.
I don't disagree but Lizotte is a versatile player 50% on faceoffs in his career. 11 goals last year If Carrier is too expensive he can be a good role player for us or stopgap

Reactions: Tyson

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It is not, I think it's actually pretty good when players will be put in their right chair....can't know for sure as I never really saw that bottom 6 last year.
Really you'd better explain to me what exactly those right chairs are because I've watched the same group get beaten down for two years running.
Jake Evans was forced to a fourth line two season ago he pouted the entire time until he got bumped because of injury.
Last year he lucked out with the Dach and Dvorak situation this year he'll likely be asked to play that 4th line roll again not his cup of tea.
RHP played on a fourth line last season I watched him on one shift where he literally got stopped dead in his tracks multiple times while trying to move up the ice. Pezz runs around hitting everyone he can reach and the other team just turn around and take it out on his smaller line mates.
We have some potential fourth line guys who will play in Laval but they are probably a year out maybe two.

• Love
Reactions: Tyson

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
If the blues are looking for a LS, it's probably Struble as he fits the blues bigger, tougher mentality.

That said, if the Habs had to keep 1, I would prefer Struble over vanilla Harris

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Unless more moves are coming, I think we'll get a top6 RW on a short term contract. Backup plan is giving a spot to Roy or less likely Heineman/Farrell.

With Kovacevic out, wouldn't be surprised if Hutson makes the team plus the 7 that were there last year, so not really a spot for a FA. If one of Struble/Hutson is sent down, I could see a vet RD to play with Matheson and return Guhle to the left side.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00