Low Effort GDT 2024 Stanley Cup - Final

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Can’t imagine the pressure on Florida right now. Not only are they in danger of losing two SCF’s in a row, but one could be after blowing a 3-0 lead. I can’t tell if that would be worse than the 0-4 Buffalo Bills or not.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Can’t imagine the pressure on Florida right now. Not only are they in danger of losing two SCF’s in a row, but one could be after blowing a 3-0 lead. I can’t tell if that would be worse than the 0-4 Buffalo Bills or not.

Even worse, they might prevent Pierre Luc Dubois from being able to be bought out at the 1/3rd ratio.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Top 4? Not a chance. By the time his career is done? Maybe. If he has at least one Cup.

Judging by Cups won doesn't work when you have a 30+ team league with a salary cap and parity.

How many teams were in the league when Howe, Orr, Sprague Claghorn, Gretzky, or Lemieux won their cups?

How was the parity at the time? Was it easier to be a dynasty.

Etc.

I'm not a big fan of absolutes across different eras because the game changes so much over time that it makes it difficult to compare players like Apples to Apples situations. I absolutely don't think Cups not won in a parity driven 30+ team league should be held to the standard as cups won in previous eras.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Judging by Cups won doesn't work when you have a 30+ team league with a salary cap and parity.

How many teams were in the league when Howe, Orr, Sprague Claghorn, Gretzky, or Lemieux won their cups?

How was the parity at the time? Was it easier to be a dynasty.

Etc.

I'm not a big fan of absolutes across different eras because the game changes so much over time that it makes it difficult to compare players like Apples to Apples situations. I absolutely don't think Cups not won in a parity driven 30+ team league should be held to the standard as cups won in previous eras.
Some good points for sure.

But even with a Cup, I think it's way too early to have him in the top 4.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
That was a playoff highlight reel that passed to Corey Perry, reminded me of how he undressed the Rangers a year to go. He is not Gretzky but he's the closest thing in my mind to us seeing one. I think he's a way better player than Ovie.

Regardless of what happens they've made this a battle again and that says a lot. I don't want to do any jinxes on it because I would rather see a Canadian team win and grew up in Oilers fan as you can tell. Once you meet Wayne Gretzky in person you're under his spell.

Skinner is schizophrenic like our goaltenders it's very frustrating to watch you don't know which goaltender is going to show up on every shot. Nerve-racking that they got a score for the six goals per game to win usually. He's had a few fine moments and a few head scratchers.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Some good points for sure.

But even with a Cup, I think it's way too early to have him in the top 4.
It's worth pointing out that he's about 10 pts away from being top 100 all time in reg season scoring and is already top 100 in playoff scoring and is only 27.

I agree top 4 is a tough group to crack, so it may be early yet, but I do think he's tracking to do so.

zenator

Jan 1, 2004
I bet when it's over we'll find out about a serious injury to Draisaitl. It's the only explaination, as he was great for most of the 1st 3 rounds.

Evander Kane too, but his is so bad they couldn't even play him anymore.

Reactions: OD99 and DrEasy

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

I think the only one with more pressure right now is Skinner.

Imagine him letting in a couple of stinkers on Friday and the Oilers losing the Cup at home. Dude would be torn to pieces by his own fans.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Someone should've called the cops on McDavid after he utterly slapped all those Panthers players while making that pass to Perry, that was out of this world.

McDavid out here about to win the conn smythe even if the Panthers win it all in game 6

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad