Prospect Info: 2024 Senators Development Camp

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Wish the scrimmages were open to non-season ticket holders. Feels like the sort of thing Yakemchuk should excel at

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Nice to see Landen Ward get an invite to development camp.

Here is the scouting report on him from Eliteprospects:
"Ward’s a violent, aggressive winger who creates space with his body. He throws hits, but excels at winning inside positioning and slowing down opponents by getting in the way. In transition, Ward understands how to delay to find an open teammate, reload to take the middle, and start passing plays. He connects with slip, hook, and even the occasional spinning pass."

Ward had 8 fights this season:

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
1719925000493.png

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Didn't we invite Toure last year?

Guys I'm really interested to see, other than the recent draftees:

Donavan
Johansson
Halliday
Pettersson

Some of these guys need to start dominating events like this.

Reactions: Bileur and Icelevel

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Outside of Yak, think they have something in Andonovski and Wallberg

Donovan will likely be a cup of coffee tyoe guy at worst

Would expect Andonovski and Yakemchuk to be at the summer camp for Canada in August
Yeah hoping Andonovsky can be a solid defensive guy. Possible bottom pairing option if all goes well.
Wallberg/Nordberg would be a great bonus.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

Would expect Andonovski and Yakemchuk to be at the summer camp for Canada in August
Donovan may take some time but his skating will make him some NHL money.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Dev camp was good today. They changed up the drills and they seem a lot more competitive.

I don't think Eliasson or Toure were on the ice. I saw some good things from Yakemchuk, Moore, Montgomery, Andonovski, Ellinas, Donovan and Ward. Might try to do a more detailed write up later.

Landen Ward seems like someone who might be able to earn a contract if he takes in what he learns here and has a big offseason. He seems really strong and powerful which is quite notable for an 18 year old. He has some defensive ability and a bit of puck skill. He has some heavy feet but he is very strong on his skates.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Development Camp Day 1:

- I saw Dorion at Development Camp today, anyone who said he couldn't get another job in hockey doesn't know what they are talking about, he was driving that Zamboni around the ice like he owned it. Boo Boo was there as well showing people how good he is at moon walking.

- one of the things I noticed immediately once they started doing drills & that is that the drills are designed to fight for pucks all over the place & players need to be much harder to play against. They had 4 nets in the corner & guys were playing two on two going towards one net first & then the other fighting for possession the entire time & trying to get shots on net. Lots of tough play in front of the net fighting for space.

- Goalies - there are five goalies at Camp, Reidler towers over all of them with Nikulin coming in second. They were doing some skating drills & edge work before they got into net for scrimages with the rest of the players. Nikulin could be a player for them he seems to do everything well, Simpson looks good too as does Merilainen, all catch with their left.

- Yakemchuk wasn't overly impressive today except on one shift where he intercepted three different passes. Seems to have a pro shot & a good wrist shot at the net. Wasn't as agressive as I thought he would be but being his first camp seemed a little wide eyed. He's not a speedster but he's not slow either & seems to be able to pivot & has an active stick.

- three guys I know nothing about impressed me today (Javon Moore #53, Stuwart Rolofs #48 & Landen Ward #67 with their speed, their aggressiveness & their shots.

- Halliday looked good too, he seems much more confident with the puck & poised or mature.

- also like what I saw from Anonovski he seems good positional, smart player with a good sense & plays hard defensively.

- I finally caught Eliasson #78, it took a while because I thought he would tower over everyone else but it was Toure who I noticed first. However, once I did see him I can see what the Sens saw, a very aggressive D-man who doesn't mind using the lumber on an opponent & uses his size to push players around. He's a decent skater & not a Bambi on ice at all, he gets around quickly & closes down on guys effectively, he could be player some day.

- Wallenius is another big LD who plays an aggressive style & uses the lumber against opponents a lot & not afraid to mix it up. He could be a player to watch too. Nice to see Donovan & his dad out on the ice together, Donovan is a hard worker & good skater, he has a pretty good mortor.

- Eliasson was another guy who seems to be well rounded, good skater, good defensively & hard working. The one guy I'm not sure about is Oskar Pettersson, he seems cerebral & methodical, he doesn't exert too much energy until it's needed. He's not the fastest, he's not the most aggressive or hard working but he obviously has a skillset & size, but in these drills today he was kind of just kind of out there. He's easy to miss. Johansson is similar, easy to miss.

That's it for today, let me know if anyone wants info on any particular player, I'm hoping to get there tomorrow, although I also have other stuff going on. Bonne journee la!

Last edited:

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Javon Moore was surprisingly good at getting inside position on the d men he was battling with. For a guy that his listed at 6'5, he gets really low when driving to the net and get in between the d man and the goalie and is really effective at winning those battles for rebounds. He was really chippy around the net and has a bit of Tkachuk in him. He has good speed and has good skill but that is the thing that stood out to me today.

I was impressed with Blake Montgomery's skill. He is a good stick handler and skater as he can kind of do those spin moves and quick pivots to shield the puck and open up passing plays. He did some interesting drop passes and behind the back passes. He seems to have a bit of Spezza in him.

Yakemchuk has a really impressive stick. He is a very smart player and knows how to use his stick to tie up opponents sticks and stifle their ability to make plays and retrieve pucks. He gets the inside position and just effectively wins possession of pucks. I think his stick work is going to be something that people will become very impressed by.

Landen Ward comes across as physically way more mature than 18. Physically he seems more like a guy that is already a powerful and bruising forward at the AHL level. His play style reminds me a more of a shutdown d man but he is a forward. He has some good defensive ability and some offensive tools to him. He could possibly use some improvement on quickness.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

You may be right on Donovan although he has a pretty good motor & can skate but looked like he was getting overpowered at times with these big guys in small places. Agree on Andonovski, he is looking more polished, more rounded than last camp.

I don't know about Wallberg & Nordberg, two huge guys who can skate, I don't know whether they will go to Belleville or the ECHL or back to Europe. I like both, but they may lack the aggrression I saw today in a lot of players, they certainly have the size though. Ottawa is stacked on the LD spot with a number of big D, whether they ever make the show is a different story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad