2024 Season Discussion Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Had my family draft last night as a good warm up for the big money draft later this week. For better or worse, I feel like almost 90% of my team is made up of 4th-6th round projections (outside of Hill in the 1st). Montgomery, Achane, Nabers, Engram, Javante Williams...

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Hoping big production from Kyren Williams this year with a full 17 games.
  1. Saquon Barkley
  2. Kyren Williams
  3. Davante Adams
  4. Travis Etienne Jr.
  5. Mike Evans
  6. Sam LaPorta
  7. Rachaad White
  8. Michael Pittman Jr.
  9. Joe Burrow
  10. Zamir White
  11. D'Andre Swift
  12. Tony Pollard
Who you don't draft may be more important than who you do. Every year I pick 12 guys I think will disappoint and exclude them from my rankings. That's my list this year.
I take back what I said about Williams. He's now going to be returning kicks. Rumors are that McVay loves their 3rd round pick, Blake Corum. Grimm with a good call.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
My league will be drafting Wed. night (cutting it close eh?). I still believe I'll be picking either 1 or 2. I may have to go double hero RB and just grab a ton of receivers on the flipside.

Quite the dilemma here. I will try my best to retain Jalen Hurts for a third year in a row, possibly getting a stack with Brown if I'm lucky but who knows.

I think I may try and grab Jayden Daniels with one of my later picks if nothing is attractive enough out there. His name has been popping up more and more as a potential sleeper pick with a ton of upside..

At 4, I'm likely going to need to pick between Lamb and Hill. Not sure yet....

Quite the toss-up. My cowboys fandom aside, I think Hill edges him. He is so dynamic.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Had my work league draft last night, fairly evident that most of them do not follow football :laugh:

QB - CJ Stroud
RB - Jahmyr Gibbs
RB - Derrick Henry
WR - Justin Jefferson
WR - Jaylen Waddle
TE - Sam LaPorta
FLX - David Montgomery
DEF - SF 49ers
K - Brandon Aubrey

BE - Raheem Mostert
BE - Zack Moss
BE - Diontae Johnson
BE - Keon Coleman
BE - Josh Palmer
BE - Khalil Shakir
BE - Dalton Schultz

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Had my work league draft last night, fairly evident that most of them do not follow football :laugh:

QB - CJ Stroud
RB - Jahmyr Gibbs
RB - Derrick Henry
WR - Justin Jefferson
WR - Jaylen Waddle
TE - Sam LaPorta
FLX - David Montgomery
DEF - SF 49ers
K - Brandon Aubrey

BE - Raheem Mostert
BE - Zack Moss
BE - Diontae Johnson
BE - Keon Coleman
BE - Josh Palmer
BE - Khalil Shakir
BE - Dalton Schultz
The hell?? Is that a 6-team league?

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
10, standard PPR :laugh:

Half the teams were auto'd and I think only two other people in it actually follow football in any capacity
Crazy. Most picks are pretty well tee'd up for everyone.

I do miss the days where you had to do your own research adn search a player's name among a giant list to draft
Quite the toss-up. My cowboys fandom aside, I think Hill edges him. He is so dynamic.
Tough call. Miami has the better offense, but CeeDee has gotten better in each of his 4 years so far...

Reactions: LT
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
RB - Derrick Henry
FLX - David Montgomery
BE - Raheem Mostert

It's funny. I've been trying to get any fantasy advice from ESPN all the way down to some random joe shmoe on youtube. Some say to avoid Mostert due to Achane, Montgomery due to Gibbs, and AVOID the likes of Henry, Ekler and Barkley due to age!

decisions decisions :huh::help::laugh:

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
It's funny. I've been trying to get any fantasy advice from ESPN all the way down to some random joe shmoe on youtube. Some say to avoid Mostert due to Achane, Montgomery due to Gibbs, and AVOID the likes of Henry, Ekler and Barkley due to age!

I had Mongomery last year. Gibbs is definitely the better back and will see more touches, but Mongomery will get all the goal line runs.

If (and it's a HUGE if) Achane can stay healthy, I'm thinking he'll get the most downs.

Ekler may be a good pick because he'll likely not get drafted before the 8th or 9th round.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

Wasn't super jazzed about Gibbs in R2 but Montgomery was still there in R7 so snagging both made a lot of sense.

Mostert fell to R9 and was a no-brainer there.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Jefferson in the 1st scares me. As amazing as he is, nobody throwing him the ball.

He's pretty much QB proof. I'd still be comfortable picking him as WR2 and as high as 4th overall.

Here's what he did with Nick Mullens last year in Weeks 14-17 after returning from injury:

7/84
6/141/1
5/59 (Jaren Hall started this game, Mullens relieved in 3Q)
12/192/1

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I had my 16 team draft the other night. 16th pick of course. Don't think I wound up with a bad team. Thankfully guys love grabbing QBs early and often in this league. Standard scoring. QB, 1 RB, 1 WR/TE, 2 Flex.

QB: Daniels, Herbert
RB: Gibbs, Kamara, Elliott
WR: Nucua, Waddle, Pittman, Sutton, Addison
K: Bates
DST: Chargers

• Wow
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I had Mongomery last year. Gibbs is definitely the better back and will see more touches, but Mongomery will get all the goal line runs.

If (and it's a HUGE if) Achane can stay healthy, I'm thinking he'll get the most downs.

Ekler may be a good pick because he'll likely not get drafted before the 8th or 9th round.

Wasn't super jazzed about Gibbs in R2 but Montgomery was still there in R7 so snagging both made a lot of sense.

Mostert fell to R9 and was a no-brainer there.

I had Monty and Mostert both on my squad last season. I was happy with both their output.

I feel like the quality of WRs drop significantly after the first 2-3 rounds though. You can still get decent/good backs in the later rounds but I would rather have a Devonte Adams/Jalen Waddle (as inconsistent as they are) over a Jerry Jeudy/Jakobi Meyers/JSN.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Two 12 team drafts yesterday - went RB 1-2 in one (drafting 4) and WR 1-2 in other (drafting 5). Wasn’t the plan, just how it fell and the decisions I made in response.

Burrow/Stafford
Hall/Etienne
Collins /Devonta Smith/J Reed
Pitts
Hopkins
Pittsburgh
Robinson Jr/Jameson Williams/Dobbins/Friermuth/Chandler/Q Johnston/Shipley

Burrow/Daniels
Cook/Montgomery
Lamb/Nacua/Flowers
Aubrey
IDPs
Pickens/J Reed/Ford/Odunze/Chandler

Interesting that Burrow was not one of the 2-3 QB I was targeting. Also Reed and Chandler in both leagues.

Last edited:

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Draft last night. 1/2 PPR money league. Picked 4th:

Super happy with RB: Hall, Etienne, Cook
Happy with QB: Richardson
Average TE: Kincade
Meh WR: London, Adams, McLaurin

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
1.(2)Breece Hall (NYJ - RB)
2.(15)Isiah Pacheco (KC - RB)
3.(18)Kyren Williams (LAR - RB)
4.(31)Josh Allen (Buf - QB)
5.(34)Nico Collins (Hou - WR)
6.(47)Jaylen Waddle (Mia - WR)
7.(50)George Kittle (SF - TE)
8.(63)Cleveland (Cle - DEF)
9.(66)Justin Tucker (Bal - K)
10.(79)Rashee Rice (KC - WR)
11.(82)Diontae Johnson (Car - WR)
12.(95)Jayden Daniels (Was - QB)
13.(98)Brian Robinson Jr. (Was - RB)
14.(111)Devin Singletary

In an 8 team Yahoo league I banned 16 players from my draft list before the draft and received an A+ draft grade.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad